Exhaust Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Calling any mechanics.

How much am I looking at to replace my exhaust? I drive a 1996 Fiesta and recently it has developed a roaring sound. I presume it's probably a hole in the exhaust pipe as I've heard cars start sounding like sports cars before and that's what it's been.

Any way, a price would be great.

It may not need replacing, you may get away with a "bandage" depending on the extent of the damage.

Easist option - Drive into Quick Fit and see what they say. Get a quote, and clear off if it's too expensive. At least you'll be diagnosed.

What would you expect it to cost should it need replacing Melts?

It may not need replacing, you may get away with a "bandage" depending on the extent of the damage.

Easist option - Drive into Quick Fit and see what they say. Get a quote, and clear off if it's too expensive. At least you'll be diagnosed.

That's the best advice anyone can give you. I think the maximum will be about £90. that's if you need it all doing along with the bac box etc. That is a slightly educated guess.

What would you expect it to cost should it need replacing Melts?
Dunno, depends on what part needs replacing. Could be just the back box, could be the whole system, could be just a "bandage".

ps, Go to Quick fit with a K, and not with a Q as in my previous posts.

You mean Kuick Fit?

Kwick Fit?

Kwack Fat?

Easist option - Drive into Kwik Fit and see what they say. Get a quote, and clear off if it's too expensive. At least you'll be diagnosed.

Good advice but how will I know what is too expensive?

So anything over a quid is too much?

So anything over a quid is too much?
If the answer is a negative one, then follow this next formula:

Borrowed Money - Quote = Answer

If this is still a negative, then you might need to break the law somewhere to achieve a positive answer to the formula.

Ok, lets say it was your fiesta, your exhaust pipe hole, your situation. What would you expect to pay? What would be too much?

Last edited:
Ok, lets say it was your fiesta, your exhaust pipe hole, your situation. What would you expect to pay? What would be too much?
£200 tops if it was a whole new system. But like you Joe, I don't have much of a clue and would pay whatever I'm quoted if it was urgent.

Mechanics, dentists and the like have you by the bollocks.

Last edited:

get a couple of quotes and you'll know how much is too expensive. your own opinion will have an effect on what's expensive and what isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48