Exhaust Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Park the car, engage hand brake, run the engine, lay along exhaust side of car, examine exhaust pipe.

Worse case, you are driving down the motorway, the bugger falls off. You have 200 miles to drive with stereo turned up very loud to mask the extra noise.

Get it checked as soon as poss, if not, then before you go on your next long journey.

Still not taken it to the garage - I'm skint. What'll happen if I just leave it?

• It will get worse
  • Your engine will become less and less efficient
  • It won't get through the MOT
  • It will attract the attention of the law
  • You'll get done for having an inefficient silencer

• It will get worse
  • Your engine will become less and less efficient
  • It won't get through the MOT
  • It will attract the attention of the law
  • You'll get done for having an inefficient silencer

Bullet points? Is that the best you can do?
I was expecting at least a Powerpoint presentation.

Joe, shouldn't you do the decent thing and take it out to the woods, set it on fire, report it stolen in the morning and get the insurance payout? Surely the only sensible course of action....

I wouldn't mind, but I know more about cars than most of the muppets these places employ. :mad:

They don't employ mechanics, no need to, they are all semi-skilled fitters.

Well if they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes, tell the ****in manager.
Then dry your eyes and go and tell hubby, who will say "there, there my dear, I'll put the kettle on and we'll have a nice cup of tea, whilst you tell me all about those horrible men at kwikky fitty".

Well if they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes, tell the ****in manager.
Then dry your eyes and go and tell hubby, who will say "there, there my dear, I'll put the kettle on and we'll have a nice cup of tea, whilst you tell me all about those horrible men at kwikky fitty".
Well, blow me, that thought never even crossed my perwiddy ickle mind.

:icon_roll

It's not like I can fight my own battles, is it.

**** that, that's women's work

Excellent work lazz, I now understand all of the implications related to Joe's lackadaisical attitude to car repair.

:038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58