F1 teams drop breakaway bombshell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on FOTA. Mosely and Ecclestone have been trying to ruin the sport for years. Doesn't matter what it's called, the new series is the real F1. Time for a huge Bernie and Max climb down me thinks.

Good on FOTA. Mosely and Ecclestone have been trying to ruin the sport for years. Doesn't matter what it's called, the new series is the real F1. Time for a huge Bernie and Max climb down me thinks.

I don't follow F1 so forgive my ignorance, but why is tring to introduce a building cap a bad thing? Surely it's the same as introducing a wage or transfer cap in the Premier League, which I think we can all agree would be welcome?

I don't follow F1 so forgive my ignorance, but why is tring to introduce a building cap a bad thing? Surely it's the same as introducing a wage or transfer cap in the Premier League, which I think we can all agree would be welcome?

Thats only one of the many issues to be fair and all the teams have agreed to the principal of a budget cap. £45M is what McLarens motorhome cost and the FIA want them to suddenly run their entire team on that figure overnight.

I personally wouldnt welcome a wage or transfer cap in the Premiership.

As Durham says its not necessarily the budget cap that is the problem it’s the way that Bernie and Mosley the dictators have gone about it that is the issue.

As Durham says its not necessarily the budget cap that is the problem it’s the way that Bernie and Mosley the dictators have gone about it that is the issue.

precisely. the budget cap would also be less than McLaren were fined for being a bunch of cheating fecks

Last edited:

Like introducing a whole list of new rules this season to make it more competitive, only for Brawn to dominate and make it the most one sided championship since the mid 90's.

Definitely a case of if it isnt broken dont try and fix it. :icon_roll Stupid grey haired midget

Like introducing a whole list of new rules this season to make it more competitive, only for Brawn to dominate and make it the most one sided championship since the mid 90's.

Definitely a case of if it isnt broken dont try and fix it. :icon_roll Stupid grey haired midget

Indeed or like banging on about cost savings only to get teams to spend over £100M on KERS and then decide not to carry on with it the following year.

Indeed or like banging on about cost savings only to get teams to spend over £100M on KERS and then decide not to carry on with it the following year.

Or trying to introduce a new points scoring system which if had been introduced would have made this season even more of a foregone conclusion then it aleady is!

Or trying to introduce a new points scoring system which if had been introduced would have made this season even more of a foregone conclusion then it aleady is!

Or trying to force all the teams to use a standard Cosworth engine and expect teams like Ferrari and Renault to just say OK?

I would have to agree with you 100%. I am just worried that it could go the way of A1GP which IMO is pants.

With FOTA getting backing from the ACEA, teams that have been out of the sport for a long time could be tempted back. Porsche, Audi, Aston Martin and Peugeot on the starting grid would, IMO, make the sport better.

Also, I think Ross Brawn has said he want to have "super testing" sessions throughout the year to test the cars as well as run the rule over new and upcoming drivers.

Might see a british grand prix at silverstone after this year now. nice one. Hope the fota restore a bit of history in the fixtures and not just go where ever the biggest payer is.
kick in the balls for the twatty midget and moseley will surely go now.

Might see a british grand prix at silverstone after this year now. nice one. Hope the fota restore a bit of history in the fixtures and not just go where ever the biggest payer is.

Mad Max and Bernie have oversold their hand and the bluff has been called. I wonder how Bernie is going to fund his divorce now? :102: :icon_bigg

Feck off we are having it up here!....you waxy wanker :icon_lol:

Feck off we are having it up here!....you waxy wanker :icon_lol:
get stuffed you northern monkey, that will never be ready on time. They're £80m short at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669