FA Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
bocadillo said:
I'm not sure whether they can. It is the player's registration that is being loaned and the FA/FL will have rules about it. I'll see if I can find it.
GO BOC!

Cant find anything really on thefa.com. Its just says that if a player is recalled from a 'temporary transfer' then the relevant from has to be submitted to the fa before that player can play for the recalling club.

fcukcov said:
I facny us for this one to be honest. Not got the best goal scoring record really at the mo and defoe is struggling playing with Mido.

COME ON LCFC!!!!

Defoe maybe but Keane isn't.I think they will prove a too good for us but you never know depends on what team they put out but they do have strength in depth down there.

I hope we attack them, hopefully some of their players will think its a walkover. Are there any all Premier games? Because apart from Burton/Burscough V ManUre and Nuneaton/Histon V M'boro. There's a good chance our game could be shown.

It also means City will hike their prices because we are all saps.

Last edited:
Hazzman said:
I hope we attack them, hopefully some of their players will think its a walkover. Are there any all Premier games? Because apart from Burton/Burscough V ManUre and Nuneaton/Histon V M'boro. There's a good chance our game could be shown.

It also means City will hike their prices because we are all saps.

No all Prem ties Hazz but there are a few Championship teams at home to Prem ties.We've a chance of being on the Box,I think there are 5 ties to be shown
Friday Sky 7.45
Saturday Sky 12.30 pm and BBc 5.30pm
Sunday BBc 1pm and Sky 4pm

I'd imagine Luton v Liverpool will be a cert to be on at sometime

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
hmm interesting idea. There was a suspcious comment from the guy reading out the draws (cant remeber his name, the FA guy) when after he picked out Burton or Burscough he said something along the lines of, 'I know what your going to pick out.' to the guy picking the away draws.

By that stage of the draw there was only United's and four other balls left in there. Not quite the enotmous odds ir would have been earlier for Utd to get drawn.

highland fox said:
No all Prem ties Hazz but there are a few Championship teams at home to Prem ties.We've a chance of being on the Box,I think there are 5 ties to be shown
Friday Sky 7.45
Saturday Sky 12.30 pm and BBc 5.30pm
Sunday BBc 1pm and Sky 4pm

I'd imagine Luton v Liverpool will be a cert to be on at sometime
i have a sneaky suspicion of us being 5.30 on the beeb because of the lineker connection :icon_wink

fcukcov said:

No, can't find it. I was almost sure that I had read something to the effect that palyers couldn't be recalled during an extension to a loan.
:mad:

drummindefender said:
i have a sneaky suspicion of us being 5.30 on the beeb because of the lineker connection :icon_wink
Yes..this will be the schedule I roughly predict

Sat 12.30 Histon/Nuneaton V MBoro
Sat 5.30 Leicester V Spurs or West Bromwich Albion v Reading or Luton Town v Liverpool or Wigan v Leeds or Hull City v Aston Villa

Sun 1.00 Burton/Burscough V ManUre
Sun 4.00 Torquay v Birmingham or Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton or the other stated at Sat 5.30

But they never like showing the Premier team at home. E.g. Chelsea V Huddersfield.d

Last edited:
happy enough with the draw, would of likes a rubbish team away from home just for novelty of visiting somewhere interesting. i'll go as long as the prices arent stupid because its a good team.

Last time we got spurs in the 3rd round - 1974.
Beat em 1-0, Steve Earle 89th minute

Beat Fulham, Luton, QPR and lost to Liverpool in semi final at Villa that year.

I'd settle for a good cup run like that.

im quite pleased with the draw should get a decent crowd the fickle feckers will no doubt come out in force bloody glory hunters :icon_roll :icon_bigg

Yorkshire Vixen said:
im quite pleased with the draw should get a decent crowd the fickle feckers will no doubt come out in force bloody glory hunters :icon_roll :icon_bigg

Agree....definite glory hunter fixture, you will be able to tell who they are though as they will still have the price tag sticking out the back of their shirt!
:)

Spurs put out a fair team nowadays, their first team squad has a bit of everything in it, pace, experience, youth, internationals, etc. I wounlt expect them to come and try for the draw, don't think they have that sort of mentality, they will fancy their chances. Could be an open game which would suit us I guess. Hope its rains cos that must pi$$ about with David's glasses a bit?

Kettering Pete said:

QUOTE]
I remember that season and going to both those semi finals with a big group of lads from school when Shilton :038: kept us in it at Old Trafford and then we lost to a bit of Keegan magic:icon_cry: at Villa Park where quite a few City fans were ambushed by a big group of dirty scousers:icon_evil and got a right pasting

Motown Fox said:
Kettering Pete said:

QUOTE]
I remember that season and going to both those semi finals with a big group of lads from school when Shilton :038: kept us in it at Old Trafford and then we lost to a bit of Keegan magic:icon_cry: at Villa Park where quite a few City fans were ambushed by a big group of dirty scousers:icon_evil and got a right pasting

ah yes i remember it well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00