Pre Match FA Cup Leicester v Burton

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Due to unpopular demand ive decided to start another pre match thread having started the previous 2 winning games
As much as the majority of first teamers will want to play id imagine NP will rest a few
I expect Moore Shlupp King Vardy to start
Im sure we wont slip up against these again

Im predicting a win , hopefully with no injuries 3-0 Vardy2 Dyer

I expect us to run riot and put right what was an awful performance last time round. 5-0 with goals from 5 different players.

For me, futacs, vardy, waghorn, Moore, James all need a runout and we'll see what they can add to the next game.

Schmeichel
Moore Morgan Keane Konchesky
James Drinkwater
Waghorn Vardy
futacs

Drinky and Nuge desperately need a rest. Morgan as well, probably.

In fact, anybody decent

Logan
Moore, Whitbread, Keane, Schlupp
Girlygher, Wellens, King, Dyer
Vardy, Fuctash

I would rest a few.... But also keep a few in whom are growing in to the season, therefore:

Schmeichel

Moore.....Whitbread.....Keane.....Schlupp

Dyer.....James.....King.....Gally

Fuccywuccydoooodoooo....Vardy

I would rest a few.... But also keep a few in whom are growing in to the season, therefore:

Schmeichel

I'm with you on that. Except I'd probably go for Waghorn instead of Vardy, seeing as I think he's currently closer to the first team and has done more to earn his chance. Vardy's in more need of a goal though.

I think we're more likely to start both of them, and poor old Futacs will have to watch from the bench (at best) again.

Watching the match yesterday I was really struck by what Chris Wood bought to the play, as in, a target man. Something we haven't had really since either Deane, Sir Les or Roberts to any effect.... I actually think a lack of a quality target man (not Steve Howard for me) in this division has cost us in the past. I think Futacs or Wood should play every game up front from now on, with either Nugent, Vardy or Waggy in support.

Schmeichel

I'm with you on that. Except I'd probably go for Waghorn instead of Vardy, seeing as I think he's currently closer to the first team and has done more to earn his chance. Vardy's in more need of a goal though.
I think we're more likely to start both of them, and poor old Futacs will have to watch from the bench (at best) again.

Last time we played Burton we fielded a weakened team and their supporters chanted "You're going to be sacked in the morning." Nigel will surely see this as personal.

Burton will come with a belief they can beat us here as they have done it before. While we might rest a couple of players I certainly do not agree with Alex's choice of a weak back four against a side that scored four goals against us on our own ground.

I am not sure Waghorn has earned the chance. Last time we played Burton he and Schlupp seemed to me to be the worst of a bad bunch. Waghorn has played well since then but his claim to play in this match might be that he owes the manager (and fans) a good performance after last time.

My guess is that Nigel will start with a big centreforward, probably Wood and either Waghorn or Vardy. I agree that King will play perhaps instead of Drinkwater. I also agree that Gallagher will play although I would rather see Knockaert.

I am not sure that Keane is eligible. If he does play I would like to see Wes play alongside him to help a young man who seems talented but is very inexperienced.

David, that's all and well, but what are your thoughts on Homer's concerns about the cold seating at the KP?

Last time we played Burton we fielded a weakened team and their supporters chanted "You're going to be sacked in the morning." Nigel will surely see this as personal.

Burton will come with a belief they can beat us here as they have done it before. While we might rest a couple of players I certainly do not agree with Alex's choice of a weak back four against a side that scored four goals against us on our own ground.

I am not sure Waghorn has earned the chance. Last time we played Burton he and Schlupp seemed to me to be the worst of a bad bunch. Waghorn has played well since then but his claim to play in this match might be that he owes the manager (and fans) a good performance after last time.

My guess is that Nigel will start with a big centreforward, probably Wood and either Waghorn or Vardy. I agree that King will play perhaps instead of Drinkwater. I also agree that Gallagher will play although I would rather see Knockaert.

I am not sure that Keane is eligible. If he does play I would like to see Wes play alongside him to help a young man who seems talented but is very inexperienced.

Fair point, and I think Nige would be wary. But that team should still be capable.

I would imagine Keane is available since we've got him for the rest of the season now, no reason Man Utd would be worried about him being cuptied.

Hopefully not another banana skin. Last time around was an embarrassment, hopefully we can rectify this. I'll go for a 4-0 win.

I would play a weakened side, but not to the extent of 11 new starters. IMO Futacs has merited a start, so we may as well field him in this game. Also, maybe give Lingaard a start to let him show what he's really worth. The team I would go for is this:

Schmeichel

Moore
Morgan
Keane
Schlupp

Gallagher
King
James
Dyer/Lingaard

Futacs
Waghorn

Hopefully not another banana skin. Last time around was an embarrassment, hopefully we can rectify this. I'll go for a 4-0 win.

I would play a weakened side, but not to the extent of 11 new starters. IMO Futacs has merited a start, so we may as well field him in this game. Also, maybe give Lingaard a start to let him show what he's really worth. The team I would go for is this:

Schmeichel

Moore
Morgan
Keane
Schlupp

Gallagher
King
James
Dyer/Lingaard

Futacs
Waghorn

:icon_eek: Wow. New Year optimism lanxfox jnr?

Last edited:
Bradley, Jelly, Scott, W Harrison, Plummer, King, Griffiths, Lee, J Harrison, Chisholm, Adam.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670