FA Cup R4 - Brentford v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent. A ground that myself and probably a lot of Leicester fans have never been to.

The last time I went to Brentford was for an FA cup second round replay in 2004. I was in the away end, supporting Hinckley United. Paul Barnes (Harvey's dad) was in the Hinckley team.

I also went to our 3-1 league win there in 1993.

We last played there in the FA cup in 1949, a 2-0 win. We've also won our two other FA cup ties against, them, in 1936, and in 1947 after two replays. Boc went to them all.

Excellent. A ground that myself and probably a lot of Leicester fans have never been to.

I used to go there quite regularly when I lived in Ealing in the late 60s/early 70s. Saw Tony Hateley turn out for Notts County there in the twilight of his career

Pat Kruse

I worked with a bloke who was a Brentford fan. He was an interesting chap.

I was chatting to a bloke who’s on their medical team the other week, while I was at an England game. He was a good bloke and was chatting about how it’s a good club to work for.

I used to go there quite regularly when I lived in Ealing in the late 60s/early 70s. Saw Tony Hateley turn out for Notts County there in the twilight of his career
Sorry I meant a lot of Leicester fans who aren’t ancient!

Good chance of this being selected for TV. But if it is, it should be on the Saturday.
Can't be on the Friday as we play West Ham on the Wednesday before. Can't be on the Sunday or Monday because the Villa second leg is the following Tuesday.
So I expect it will be on the Sunday, with the Villa match moving to Wednesday, leaving those of us with non-refundable train tickets and hotel bookings out of pocket...

Remember a cup game against these in early 80’s
2 down with 9 minutes left, won 4-2

Good chance of this being selected for TV. But if it is, it should be on the Saturday.
Can't be on the Friday as we play West Ham on the Wednesday before. Can't be on the Sunday or Monday because the Villa second leg is the following Tuesday.
So I expect it will be on the Sunday, with the Villa match moving to Wednesday, leaving those of us with non-refundable train tickets and hotel bookings out of pocket...
Yes but does that mean they will move the Manc derby so both will still be on Sly spots?

Remember a cup game against these in early 80’s
2 down with 9 minutes left, won 4-2
This was the two-legged tie that I mentioned above. You've reminded me of it now. Yes, two-down with nine minutes left but then scored four before the final whistle; and then won the away leg 2-0, so we scored six against them after conceding those first two.
Then got knocked out at bloody Luton in the next round IIRC.

It doesn’t help now, but if you book through crosscountry, you can change advance fares for 0. No other train company appears to offer this, and it’s across all services.
Baffling.

Same team with a weighted bench should be enough, they are a good side and play some neat stuff, mind you I thought Wigan passed it about nicely they just had very little in the final third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263