FA to investigate reports player accepted ?50,000 to fix a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mowbray-fox

On SSN now. says player had serious gambling problem and game may not have been played in england.

Jimmy Nielson???:102::icon_wink

I admit to having a serious gambling problem.I can't back a fecking Winner:102:

Oh how I wish their lawyers would see this…..

The FA are set to investigate claims suggesting that a footballer accepted a £50,000 bribe from a bookmaker.

Following a report by The Independent newspaper, the player, who is believed to have played for a Premier League club during his career, is said to have agreed to the deal in order to pay off a mounting gambling debt.

The unknown individual is reported to have agreed to get himself sent-off in a specified game, as well as persuading three team-mates to pick up bookings.

It is understood that his team subsequently lost the match, which was played in Britain in the last two years, and he has since sought professional help.

It remains unclear as to whether the game concerned took place in England, putting it under the FA's jurisdiction, but the governing body for the sport in this country have confirmed that they be looking into the matter regardless.

An FA spokesman said: "We will be making inquiries into this report."

The case was disclosed during a seminar on gambling at the Sporting Chance clinic earlier this week, and the clinic's chief executive Peter Kay has confirmed that he is aware of the individual involved.

"Neither I nor Sporting Chance is responsible for what a client or ex-client might say, but if you're asking whether I'm aware of this case, the answer is yes," he said.

What the f**k where is my reply to the post gone

I bet its that Icelandic player who plays for Barca now.

oh ok hahaha wrong thread i seee

The FA are set to investigate claims suggesting that a footballer accepted a £50,000 bribe from a bookmaker.

Following a report by The Independent newspaper, the player, who is believed to have played for a Premier League club during his career, is said to have agreed to the deal in order to pay off a mounting gambling debt.

The unknown individual is reported to have agreed to get himself sent-off in a specified game, as well as persuading three team-mates to pick up bookings.

It is understood that his team subsequently lost the match, which was played in Britain in the last two years, and he has since sought professional help.

It remains unclear as to whether the game concerned took place in England, putting it under the FA's jurisdiction, but the governing body for the sport in this country have confirmed that they be looking into the matter regardless.

An FA spokesman said: "We will be making inquiries into this report."

The case was disclosed during a seminar on gambling at the Sporting Chance clinic earlier this week, and the clinic's chief executive Peter Kay has confirmed that he is aware of the individual involved.

"Neither I nor Sporting Chance is responsible for what a client or ex-client might say, but if you're asking whether I'm aware of this case, the answer is yes," he said.

It was held outside the clinic and as it started to rain he also said........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... its spitting its spitting everyone in its spitting:icon_bigg:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669