Fans Forum last night..

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

...created a new definition for the word "insipid"

We did get free sandwiches and a plate of chips, tho'

For those interested, the most relevant points out of two and a half hours of hot air were:

- They are looking to create a pre-match set up that has an LCFC identity. The trust are looking to someone to record an upbeat "when you're Smiling", and they asked for any other suggestions for appropriate songs. Everyone there (as expected) wanted Henry to carry on

- Agreement that there should be some variety at half time instead of the same old legends etc., so expect some excitng stuff ahead... . The point was made that they should give priority to getting the half time scores on before piddling about with entertainment. The plea for the Foxy Ladies appeared to fall on deaf ears

- The Smoking Policy will now revert back to what it was last year. Amazingly some of the "fans" were advocating a complete no smoking ban which I found unbelievable, but there you go

- There was an apparent lack of interest in the car parking shambles - but they are looking at alternatives to stop you bringing yer motors

- They took on board a resounding criticism from everyone about the catering, and promised to do something about it. Time will tell

- They again took some flak about the new shirt etc., and they promised that we would have a full post mortem on the 120th anniversary fiasco at the next meeting. Some handsome individual suggested that the fans got to vote for the next shirt design from a number of suggestions, so we might see that next time

- Basically f*ck all else happened

- There were no fit birds there

homer said:
...created a new definition for the word "insipid"

We did get free sandwiches and a plate of chips, tho'

For those interested, the most relevant points out of two and a half hours of hot air were:

- They are looking to create a pre-match set up that has an LCFC identity. The trust are looking to someone to record an upbeat "when you're Smiling", and they asked for any other suggestions for appropriate songs. Everyone there (as expected) wanted Henry to carry on

- Agreement that there should be some variety at half time instead of the same old legends etc., so expect some excitng stuff ahead... . The point was made that they should give priority to getting the half time scores on before piddling about with entertainment. The plea for the Foxy Ladies appeared to fall on deaf ears

- The Smoking Policy will now revert back to what it was last year. Amazingly some of the "fans" were advocating a complete no smoking ban which I found unbelievable, but there you go

- There was an apparent lack of interest in the car parking shambles - but they are looking at alternatives to stop you bringing yer motors

- They took on board a resounding criticism from everyone about the catering, and promised to do something about it. Time will tell

- They again took some flak about the new shirt etc., and they promised that we would have a full post mortem on the 120th anniversary fiasco at the next meeting. Some handsome individual suggested that the fans got to vote for the next shirt design from a number of suggestions, so we might see that next time

- Basically f*ck all else happened

- There were no fit birds there

Generally the people who go to these things, are the sort of people you DO NOT want organising any kind of entertainment (except you home boy). Which is shown up by the fact they want henry to carry on!!! *shakes head*

These are the people i would bet called for the new stadium to become the walkers bowl *shakes head again*. People who would have good ideas generally don't go as they have more interesting things to do!!

By the way i don't mean EVERYONE who goes, but around 70% are like it. If you let them do half time events we would have a backgammon demonstration on the centre circle. The 30% who have good ideas are in the minority and get out numbered!!!

Is it just me or when you go down the walkers it's like geek central compared to most other clubs???

There were no fit birds there

Actually the lass who took the minutes might look hot after a few pints

I forgot to mention that I also got a pen

I have to be fair and say that most of the people there seemed OK.
I did expect it to look like the bar scene from Star Wars, but there didn't seem to be anyone who you might want to call "special"

The problem is that it is very easy in that kind of situation to get led along, and end up agreeing with crazy talk ideas.
We should have held a pre-meeting amongst oursleves to agree a consistent line

Worth a try, I suppose

Babylon said:
Generally the people who go to these things, are the sort of people you DO NOT want organising any kind of entertainment (except you home boy). Which is shown up by the fact they want henry to carry on!!! *shakes head*

These are the people i would bet called for the new stadium to become the walkers bowl *shakes head again*. People who would have good ideas generally don't go as they have more interesting things to do!!

By the way i don't mean EVERYONE who goes, but around 70% are like it. If you let them do half time events we would have a backgammon demonstration on the centre circle. The 30% who have good ideas are in the minority and get out numbered!!!

It's not their fault that the people who go aren't the people who have good ideas though is it. You have to ask yourself, why don't these people go? Do they care?

But it's a lot easier to sit on your arse and moan than actually apply yourself and do something about it

At least those people turned up and had a go

I bet it cost somebody an arm and a leg.

I didn't have any, I just had a few chips (big chunky ones, for information)as I had stupidly had something to eat before I went. I'll know better next time.

There was also free tea and coffee, orange juice and water

Looked like a selection of cheese, tuna and ham
On white bread
With the crust left on
Cut into neat triangles

homer said:
I didn't have any, I just had a few chips (big chunky ones, for information)as I had stupidly had something to eat before I went. I'll know better next time.

There was also free tea and coffee, orange juice and water

Looked like a selection of cheese, tuna and ham
On white bread
With the crust left on
Cut into neat triangles

That's just not right.

Billy Boy said:
highland fox said:
I take it any 'leftovers' were put away for Mr.Pressman.

I heard you had to beat him off with a big stick! :wink:

Dipped in guacamole I bet

I think Henry is ok - its somethig diffrent, and no other club does it!!

Will someone please say something to the club about the traffic after the match??

Fox Fan said:
I think Henry is ok - its somethig diffrent, and no other club does it!!

Will someone please say something to the club about the traffic after the match??
No cause thats pathetic and simply picky.
Henry is a disgrace.
Fans decided the kit for next season, well done to the guy that suggested that :wink: :wink: :oops: 8) :!:

Go back to foxes talk, your not welcome here!

I don't see how not wanting to wait in traffic for an hour is being picky?

The Trust people there felt it was one of the best forums to date & the club actually allowed the fans to take some policy decisions such as the change to smoking rules & also agreeing some match ticket grading for several games ahead.

We will publish the full minutes on our website as soon as they are issued.

highland fox said:
I take it any 'leftovers' were put away for Mr.Pressman.

These were the leftovers from Pressmans dinner !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669