Fans Forum....

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

Was a non event last night, of the highest order

Couldn't show us the new strip as it was "commercially sensitive" - despite the fact that it's being released in three days time

I give in

The most memorable thing was Peter Jones reading out a post I made on Rivals really slagging off the last meeting. Highly amusing, it was

Don't think I'll bother going again, it's a complete feckin' waste of time

And rushing home from work like a bleedin' madman to get there

All completely pointless, I'm afraid

its shame because the principal is good is it just that they talk a lot and say nothing ?

The problem is that they don't actually consult, or ask opinion on anything. It's an information giving exercise, and is therefore a waste of my time

They get about 15 people in a room, who are prepared to give up two or three hours to offer their opinion and contribute in any way they want, and they don't use them for anything

It's a crying shame - but no one else seems to give a stuff so maybe it's just me

i think its an important point and one that needs raising maybe by the trust or is that futile too ?

I raised it last night, and it was supported by the FT, but it will not be pursued.

Jones even made some joke like "see, I'm consulting now Richard" when he asked some question or other. Pitiful

It's a truly great idea to have a set of fans to bounce ideas off, and listen to - it's sadly wasted. It's a real shame

I'm outta there

i find that very disheartening as i was led to believe this board were quite forward thinking

cut the crap, any fit birds there?

The bird who takes the minutes is extremely nice, as I have reported to this forum on a number of separate occasions

Please pay attention

homer said:
I raised it last night, and it was supported by the FT, but it will not be pursued.

Jones even made some joke like "see, I'm consulting now Richard" when he asked some question or other. Pitiful

It's a truly great idea to have a set of fans to bounce ideas off, and listen to - it's sadly wasted. It's a real shame

I'm outta there

Yes it will be pursued.

We made a series of proposals over the summer in 2003 relating to the FF, one was that the Fans Forum should be chaired by a fan & fans set the agenda.

As we said last night, part of the problem is that Forum members are suppose to e-mail topics they would like to discuss to Peter Jones to add to the agenda, other than ourselves very few bother - that is wasting a big opportunity, as it gives those at the club a reason for setting the agenda, as the fans haven't.

We have always believed the whole purpose of a Fans Forum is exactly as you described last night - to consult & not be a pre-briefing for decisions taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669