FAO Rich Pee

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW...enjoying the new litigation in Arizona yet?

Hey now! Don't be getting all provincial on us with your cliquey colony talk. If there's a way for us to take the piss out of DF, then we'd all like to know about it.

Can someone delete this thread before he gets on here to take the p**s back....

If we had played with the same guts and determination as you guys last night we would have beaten Blackpoo easily.

Sometimes that's all it takes to make a difference

BTW...enjoying the new litigation in Arizona yet?

Hey now! Don't be getting all provincial on us with your cliquey colony talk. If there's a way for us to take the piss out of DF, then we'd all like to know about it.

New immigration laws in Arizona.
Honestly, what a fecking mess! We had a very good governor, democrat Janet Napolitano, but unfortunately she was too good and was snapped up by Obama to head up homeland security. Meanwhile, the ludicrous laws here meant that, rather than electing a new governor and administration, is was left to the attorney general or someone to pick a new governor for the remainder of Napolitano's term (two years). He picked Jan Brewer, a hard right republican, and we're saddled with her until at least November.

The state is being run like a banana republic by an unelected, unrepresentative administration with no mandate but a steely determination to take the state as far right as possible in the time they've got. Arizona refused all stimulus cash to make a political point and is now effectively closing down. All the worthwhile departments that deal with water quality, environmental issues, etc have been axed. Teachers and healthcare workers are being fired, stupid departments loved by rednecks involving hunting and guns and stuff are all being ramped up. Nearly all the state parks have closed, as have all the service areas on motorways. All funding cut to social projects, the money being spent on bullshit.

We'd be a laughing stock if it was a laughing matter.

And now these new immigration laws. Being an "alien" I'm now supposed to carry three forms of ID everywhere I go and, if I open my mouth and come out with an English accent, which is something I can't help but do, in theory law enforcement agenices are supposed to question me and arrest me if I can't provide these three IDs.

The only good news is that Arizona is a very divided state, the far north (Flagstaff, Grand Canyon) and far southeast (Tucson, Nogales) are solidly liberal lefty wishy washy tree huggers, while the whole of Phoenix and most of the rural areas are solidly republican. I spend almost all my time in SE Arizona. The City of Tucson and City of Nogales have taken the state to court over the immigration fiasco, and Tucson's sheriff has instructed his officers to ignore the new laws. So I've not noticed any difference at the border patrol checks I regularly go through down near the border.

Some people are suggesting southern Arizona breaks away as a new state, Bario Arizona...

In some ways, bringing this to the fore might be a good thing. It should ensure we get a better governor in November and the national immigration issue is no doubt being moved up in Obama's agenda as we speak.

It's ok Miles Away, Los Suns are on the case :icon_wink
And Shakira is coming to live in Arizona for a while to see if she can understand the situation and help bring about a successful resolution. Seriously! :icon_lol:

Anyway, sorry about that, back to beating Rich up about being a tree... that's much more fun...

Last edited:
If we had played with the same guts and determination as you guys last night we would have beaten Blackpoo easily.

Sometimes that's all it takes to make a difference

:038::038::038:
With posts like that, you might actually be welcome on TB.

Just make sure you get rid of the avatar, move to Leicester and take a pledge of alliegence to the blue and white flag.

Last edited:
Very gracious in defeat. I like the new Rich_B.

To be fair most of them have been.

I was on a wind up all day yesterday here in tree land.

Hardly any of them took the bait though.

To be fair most of them have been.

I was on a wind up all day yesterday here in tree land.

Hardly any of them took the bait though.

I think, like us, they never expected to have such a great season.

In fact looking at it that way, Cardiff are the only team backed for the playoffs that actually made them.

Lets hope teams like M'Boro & Sheffield United have another off season next year. :icon_conf

Both feeling the same way, but by different means. I'm sure all forest fans thought they'd beat blackpool, or even before that believed they would win the playoffs regardless of who it was. We didn't expect any of that but in the end it was so close.

Either way, heartbreaking for both clubs as there is a temptation to suggest that either club would have fared better in the prem than the side that will win.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670