feedback needed please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKFox

I'm seriously looking at buying a Chrysler 300c touring.
I don't want to come over all Joe_Fox (:icon_razz) but has anyone got one? heard good or bad things about them?

UsedCarImage.aspx

Top Gear says:-
Performance
There are four engines; a 249bhp 3.5- litre V6, V8 with either 5.7 (340bhp) or 6.1 (425bhp - wow!) litres and a three litre diesel V6 with 218bhp. The petrols perform well despite the car's bulk and the 6.1-litre accelerates to 60mph in five seconds (wow! again).

Driving
The ride can be fidgety at lower speeds and it floats dreadfully over crests, giving it a soft, typically Yanky ride.

Space
It's a big car so space for all passengers is generous, especially in the rear. The boot is enormous, big enough for five adults' luggage.

Build quality
Although strongly built, parts of the 300C's interior look a bit cheap.

Equipment
Alloys, parking sensors, heated leather seats with power adjustment and dual-zone climate control are all standard.

Safety
Six airbags are standard and electronic stability control is also fitted.

Owning
A heavy depreciator and all the engines fall into high company car tax bands.

Value
At £26k, the 300C is amazing value for money. That's the price of a BMW 325i.

Verdict
An enormous American saloon that's better to look at than it is to drive. Its build quality isn't up to European standards, but then it is very cheap.

Fancy something bigger?

300C Touring
There's only one word to describe the 300C Touring and it's vast. With 630 litres behind the rear seats, this increases to a 1,602 when they're folded over. The boot lip is very high but the opening is wide and hinges a long way into the roof line to aid access.

An enormous American saloon that's better to look at than it is to drive. Its build quality isn't up to European standards, but then it is very cheap

Not my words, MK. The words of Top Gear magazine

So, what is your decision after digesting the info received, MK?, are you getting one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Chelsea510
3Arsenal410
4Newcastle410
5Liverpool49
6Aston Villa49
7Brighton48
8Nottm F48
9Brentford46