Ferguson Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methinks Homer's point is that Peterborough need points rather swiftly and an experienced head rather than the 'up and coming' route as seen in Mr.Clough's fantastic performance at Derby.

I see Tranmere are interested in DF.
There I was thinking it was Hull that had turned his head, chuckle chuckle!!

Poor decision taking a non-league manager, they are in a relelgation battle and needs win fast so they appoint a new to the football league manager who will probably need time to settle in. Let's hope Posh slide back down the leagues as fast as they just came up them.

Poor decision taking a non-league manager, they are in a relelgation battle and needs win fast so they appoint a new to the football league manager who will probably need time to settle in. Let's hope Posh slide back down the leagues as fast as they just came up them.

Well, this remains to be seen. It might be a brilliant appointment for all we know!

Don't know if this got mentioned, but after these comments I think the chairman is disillusioned.
http://www.givemefootball.com/championship/macanthony-leicester-have-showed-the-way

Mr MacAnthony,

No you didn't nearly pip us to the title. 7 points and 21 goals is not as close as you seem to think it is. Also, how you can compare what Leicester have achieved so far this season, with what your tin-pot, bunch of over-achievers have done is beyond me. To get rid of your manager after he has taken you from your rightful place in League Two into the 4th Biggest League on Europe is plain ridiculous.
To compare your tiny club to a club of Leicester's stature is ridiculous. To suggest that you should be towards the top of the Championship, where Leicester has been for most of its life just because you finished 7 points behind them last season is silly.
You're just a tin-pot club from a tin-pot town, whose biggest rivals are not even in the Football League so you drum up a totally one-sided rivalry with a club who are better than yours just to make yourself feel worth something. Get back to Division 4 where you belong.

Last edited:
Don't know if this got mentioned, but after these comments I think the chairman is disillusioned.
http://www.givemefootball.com/championship/macanthony-leicester-have-showed-the-way

Mr MacAnthony,

No you didn't nearly pip us to the title. 7 points and 21 goals is not as close as you seem to think it is. Also, how you can compare what Leicester have achieved so far this season, with what your tin-pot, bunch of over-achievers have done is beyond me. To get rid of your manager after he has taken you from your rightful place in League Two into the 4th Biggest League on Europe is plain ridiculous.
To compare your tiny club to a club of Leicester's stature is ridiculous. To suggest that you should be towards the top of the Championship, where Leicester has been for most of its life just because you finished 7 points behind them last season is silly.
You're just a tin-pot club from a tin-pot town, whose biggest rivals are not even in the Football League so you drum up a totally one-sided rivalry with a club who are better than yours just to make yourself feel worth something. Get back to Division 4 where you belong.

:081: That's cheered me up.

His name is funny.

No, I know for a fact he will be a bad appointment.

I thought Pearson was an awful appointment and thought Peter Taylor was a great appointment for us. :icon_redf

Barry Fry on the Footy league show last night I think wanted to say more about this "sacking" and mentioned only a week before the Chairman had given Fergie £700,000 to bring 2 players in, which Fry obviously intimated that the Chairman thought he was the right man at that stage.

It could be another Milan/Martin Allen type situation where there was something that happened behind the scene that lead to the "sacking"

Barry Fry on the Footy league show last night I think wanted to say more about this "sacking" and mentioned only a week before the Chairman had given Fergie £700,000 to bring 2 players in, which Fry obviously intimated that the Chairman thought he was the right man at that stage.

It could be another Milan/Martin Allen type situation where there was something that happened behind the scene that lead to the "sacking"

I believe Fry thinks that Ferguson has another job lined up and that's why he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669