FIFA 11 vs PES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought FIFA. I really had to swallow my pride to even consider buying it.

Played it for about 4 hours straight today but can't see what the big deal is. Very disappointing.

The last time I tried Fifa was 09. It doesn't seem too different two years on.

I'll give it a few more days but it looks like I'll be going back to PES.

Last edited:
Well may I be the first to say I find FIFA 11 disappointing and not all that?
Its not a massive upgrade from FIFA 10. Crossing and dribbling have improved. Still not sure about 50 50 tackles though, its a lottery with some players able to power through you regardless

Played some very enjoyable matches online though. Just beat Real Madrid 4-3 with Lyon, who are very much my team of the moment

Its not a massive upgrade from FIFA 10. Crossing and dribbling have improved. Still not sure about 50 50 tackles though, its a lottery with some players able to power through you regardless

Played some very enjoyable matches online though. Just beat Real Madrid 4-3 with Lyon, who are very much my team of the moment

FIFA 10 is a good game. However, has anyone else experienced the game crashing and/or their controller disconnecting half way through a match?! So frustrating.

FIFA has always been the main one for me, the last PES that I thought was good was PES 2 and I played it my mates house on the PS1! Although PES 6 came close.

Anyone got both and have an unbiased opinion on which is best?
I started off as a kid with FIFA then moved over to PES around PES 3 and stuck with that up until FIFA 09.

Based on the demos, PES has alot of catching up to do still. I haven't played the final release of PES, so can't comment entirely on that, but FIFA 11 is ace, once you get used to it. Especially lovely chipped through balls round the corner....

I started off as a kid with FIFA then moved over to PES around PES 3 and stuck with that up until FIFA 09.

Based on the demos, PES has alot of catching up to do still. I haven't played the final release of PES, so can't comment entirely on that, but FIFA 11 is ace, once you get used to it. Especially lovely chipped through balls round the corner....

That's the major problem with it I think.

When people come round my house, I used to always get Pro Evo out for a game because it was easy to "pick up and play". The problem with FIFA is that if someone came round who hadn't played it before, I'd thrash them and they'd hate it. That's no fun.

I'm finding FIFA better as time goes by but if I only played it once every now and then, I wouldn't like it.

I'm hoping to give PES a chance and might end up trading.

Spot on comment, can fully agree with it. PES back in the day was the best football game out, but for some reason has gone downhill a lot, and now Fifa has massively improved.

Played the PES demo and found it very disapointing. I own Fifa 11 and it is a quality game, not perfect, but very enjoyable. Online is spot on, ive had some great matches online. Pisses me off though that Ibrahimovic is still a machine on the game, seriously stupid.

Is this year's Fifa a lot easier than previous iterations?

I started it on professional standard and have had to put it up to legendary straight away to get any sort of challenge at all. Traditionally, I've never really been great at Fifa, but this one maybe just suits my style of play.

Is anyone else just finding it a lot easier?

Is this year's Fifa a lot easier than previous iterations?

I started it on professional standard and have had to put it up to legendary straight away to get any sort of challenge at all. Traditionally, I've never really been great at Fifa, but this one maybe just suits my style of play.

Is anyone else just finding it a lot easier?

It didnt take me long to get used to the game. I would say its easier then FIFA 10, easier to score, passing has improved, shooting improved, still hard to take on players though.

It didnt take me long to get used to the game. I would say its easier then FIFA 10, easier to score, passing has improved, shooting improved, still hard to take on players though.
Easier to score? How could scoring possibly have been made easier? This is the only problem with the FIFA series, it's always been far too easy to score goals in single player mode. It's tedious when you realise you're 10 points clear after 15 games with a +96 goal difference.

Easier to score? How could scoring possibly have been made easier? This is the only problem with the FIFA series, it's always been far too easy to score goals in single player mode. It's tedious when you realise you're 10 points clear after 15 games with a +96 goal difference.

Well shooting has improved massively in my opinion. I agree with your statement, but the game is not as easy as the past versions. Its more based on possesion, instead of running past everybody and scoring like older versions.

Last edited:
Well shooting has improved massively in my opinion. I agree with your statement, but the game is not as easy as the past versions. Its more based on possesion, instead of running past everybody and scoring like older versions.
FIFA 10 was far too easy in that way. All you had to do was put four decent passes together, and you had a one-on-one. Missing the target was virtually impossible. Better than 09, no question, but still too easy.

It seems all that you have to do is play a couple of one-twos and you're almost guaranteed a chance on goal.

If it wasn't for the one-two feature I would barely score any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566