FIFA Corruption Article 2018/2022 World Cup Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing is so embarrassing it's cringe worthy.

It was so blatant from the moment the Qatar name was revealed from the envelope that it deserved boycotting until every member in the upper echelons of FIFA had been removed or resigned.

Regardless of the blatant corruption and outright obviousness of the insult to football fans the world over, the thing should never be played there or somewhere similar due to common sense concerning the conditions and necessary changes to domestic football seasons.

**** international football, **** it to the moon and back along with it's fat, greedy, obese corporate Wanker directors.

The whole thing is so embarrassing it's cringe worthy.

It was so blatant from the moment the Qatar name was revealed from the envelope that it deserved boycotting until every member in the upper echelons of FIFA had been removed or resigned.

Regardless of the blatant corruption and outright obviousness of the insult to football fans the world over, the thing should never be played there or somewhere similar due to common sense concerning the conditions and necessary changes to domestic football seasons.

**** international football, **** it to the moon and back along with it's fat, greedy, obese corporate Wanker directors.
I would like to sign up for your monthly newsletter, immediately. How much is the monthly subscription, and do you accept Luncheon Vouchers?

Re: FIFA Corruption Article 2918/2022 Workd Cup Awards

Whilst I understand your argument, I can't agree. The World Cup was always held in Europe or South America until 1994 when, inexplicably, it was awarded to the one major nation that has no right to host it. Then a similar cock-up was made in 2002 and 2010. On footballing grounds, I have no objection to Russia hosting, but Qatar is a joke. I'm not convinced by Australia either. Maybe in another 20 years if they continue to grow the game in their country, but not yet.

I just think that hosting a World Cup is a tremendous honour that is likely to occur only once in the football supporting lifetime of a genuine football loving nation. It's time for countries like Holland (way overdue) and England, Argentina and Spain to have another crack at it. This won't happen if we carry on handing it out to countries to try to encourage the growth of the game there. No, you grow the game there and then we'll give you a World Cup.

FIFA are supposed to look after the interests of the game, not be missionaries around the parts of the world that have little interest in it.

e're going to have to agree to disagree. At the end of the day, I don't think you can plan on stasis - so if you're not planning on growing the game, you're managing its decline. The game in the US has moved on massively since 1994, and the World Cup was a big part of that happening. South Africa, Nigeria and Egypt were the only African countries even vaguely able to run the tournament, and the contintent deserved it surely on your criteria of being genuinely football loving. 2002 was between two European WCs, so we can harldy complaing too much about that either!

Also, the WC had already been held outside of Europe and South America twice before 1994 ;-)

e're going to have to agree to disagree. At the end of the day, I don't think you can plan on stasis - so if you're not planning on growing the game, you're managing its decline. The game in the US has moved on massively since 1994, and the World Cup was a big part of that happening. South Africa, Nigeria and Egypt were the only African countries even vaguely able to run the tournament, and the contintent deserved it surely on your criteria of being genuinely football loving. 2002 was between two European WCs, so we can harldy complaing too much about that either!

Also, the WC had already been held outside of Europe and South America twice before 1994 ;-)

Mexico. What do I win?

Last edited:

the WC had already been held outside of Europe and South America twice before 1994 ;-)

Mexico is in South America just like Hull is in the North East. I don't care what anyone else says.

I don't think you can plan on stasis - so if you're not planning on growing the game, you're managing its decline. The game in the US has moved on massively since 1994, and the World Cup was a big part of that happening.

So when every country in the world has had a chance at hosting it, do we go and invite extraterrestrials to host before the game collapses? Football is the biggest sport in the world by a country mile, 3.5 billion fans, 250 million players, etc. Why do we have to pimp it around those backward places that don't love it already? Qatar, ffs.

Mexico is in South America just like Hull is in the North East. I don't care what anyone else says.

And everything South of York is in France

I know, right? Just because it's located in continental North America is absolutely no reason not to think it's not in South America

So when every country in the world has had a chance at hosting it, do we go and invite extraterrestrials to host before the game collapses? Football is the biggest sport in the world by a country mile, 3.5 billion fans, 250 million players, etc. Why do we have to pimp it around those backward places that don't love it already? Qatar, ffs.

I'm not defending Qatar, nor am I saying countries who have hosted before should not. But there's nothing wrong with spreading out to reach the love!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

It's amazing how wrong you are.

The allegations certainly seem to have opened a can of worms.
Big companies are starting to demand answers (BP, Coca Cola etc)

For me the sponsors are playing the game, saying they are concerned yet the reality is as along as the World Cup stadiums are covered in the adverts bearing their names they don't care.

Ultimately the whole system is wretched, if investigative work was done about all the bids then they would be evidence to suggesting bribing. We sold ourselves to Jack Walker of Trinidad in bid to gain North America's votes; put him and his family in Claridges for the night and bought the females in the family a Mulberry bag each. Australia's bid was incredibly crass when it came to trying to gain support.

Then when you consider Garcia's 'investigation' where FIFA have set out a code of practice on the investigation which will mean it going to Blatter first and allowing him to decide whether to scapegoat. That's before you get to Switzerland with it's protective company law and very harsh attitude to whistleblowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669