Finances 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we ****ed or is this ok? o_O
****ed if we go down, but that's the same for a lot.

We probably have over achieved past 2 years based on spending.

Expansion/increased revenue needed to be able to challenge further or even just to sustain our current position.

Player sales needed to maintain the model.

Everton will pretty much implode if they go down.

Wages 7th highest and only a gnats knacker away from Arsenal and Spurs.

That is crazy stuff

Wages 7th highest and only a gnats knacker away from Arsenal and Spurs.

That is crazy stuff
Are we comparing like for like? I know a chunk of our wages were deferred from the previous season's figures, but were theirs also? I'm not saying they weren't, just asking the question.

Are we comparing like for like? I know a chunk of our wages were deferred from the previous season's figures, but were theirs also? I'm not saying they weren't, just asking the question.
Good point, not sure

Good point, not sure

It says that we deferred some bonuses from the previous season which has inflated the wages. Most clubs have also not yet reported 20/21 so comparing is tricky. Bottom line though is that we're paying wages well beyond our means.

The main take away for me is that we owe a quarter of a billion (mostly to KP) and that's before we spend anything on the stadium development.

I don't understand how that works out unless there is substantial new investment into the club.

It says that we deferred some bonuses from the previous season which has inflated the wages. Most clubs have also not yet reported 20/21 so comparing is tricky. Bottom line though is that we're paying wages well beyond our means.

The main take away for me is that we owe a quarter of a billion (mostly to KP) and that's before we spend anything on the stadium development.

I don't understand how that works out unless there is substantial new investment into the club.
No idea. So much of this sounds like Monopoly money that I find it hard to take in. I try to guess where we're at by reading what we're doing - Not claiming furlough and yet paying all casual staff throughout, whether they were working or not, implies we aren't on the breadline, and that we're able to make socially responsible choices still, even if it's a drop in the ocean compared to other expenses. Beyond that we'll find out when we're in the shit when we're told we're in it.

The statement that we'd be in trouble if we went down probably applies to most teams in the division, so it's a bit redundant in that way. It's just the way it is these days, sadly.

No idea. So much of this sounds like Monopoly money that I find it hard to take in. I try to guess where we're at by reading what we're doing - Not claiming furlough and yet paying all casual staff throughout, whether they were working or not, implies we aren't on the breadline, and that we're able to make socially responsible choices still, even if it's a drop in the ocean compared to other expenses. Beyond that we'll find out when we're in the shit when we're told we're in it.

The statement that we'd be in trouble if we went down probably applies to most teams in the division, so it's a bit redundant in that way. It's just the way it is these days, sadly.
Mayfair is £400 on Monopoly.

I think what pisses me off most with our pyramid structure is the ridiculous difference between champions league and Europa league money. It’s phenomenal.

Mayfair is £400 on Monopoly.

I think what pisses me off most with our pyramid structure is the ridiculous difference between champions league and Europa league money. It’s phenomenal.
take a look closer to home with premier league money and 'the rest'

Heard someone the other day suggest that one good way to level the playing field is that the team that gets 17th place gets the most money from the PL, the 16th place team gets slightly less and so on until the winners don't get any money from league. The big prize will be the CL money.

Heard someone the other day suggest that one good way to level the playing field is that the team that gets 17th place gets the most money from the PL, the 16th place team gets slightly less and so on until the winners don't get any money from league. The big prize will be the CL money.
The greadest clubs that traditionally finish in the top 6 also now Newcastle will obviously make sure that never happens

Basically the NFL draft model. The worse you are, the higher your reward.

Basically the NFL draft model. The worse you are, the higher your reward.
This only works because there's no relegation though - imagine just missing out on promotion from the Championship, and then hearing you're competing against a team that's just been given even more than the ridiculous amounts the relegated teams get currently

This only works because there's no relegation though - imagine just missing out on promotion from the Championship, and then hearing you're competing against a team that's just been given even more than the ridiculous amounts the relegated teams get currently
Yeah, you'd have to carve the relegated teams out of the deal, or create a fixed sum for them.

That's a very stupid idea for lots of obvious reasons. Therefore, I expect it to be brought in in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669