Financial Fair Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the Football League bring in a rule with the primary aim of making the gap between them and the PL wider?
And if that is the primary aim, why did the majority of Championship clubs vote for it?

From what I've read it will probably mean more money for the Football League as they fine promoted clubs that break the rules and redistribute the cash.

Because they won't have debt repayments going out of the budget, much as clubs that own their grounds will be better off than clubs that rent their grounds.
Not sure of the exact details obviously, but does that not get taken off your figures...

"Youth investment and accounting charges from past spending on players and stadium-building will not be included. "

Not sure of the exact details obviously, but does that not get taken off your figures...

"Youth investment and accounting charges from past spending on players and stadium-building will not be included. "

It's going to be interesting to see how they judge this, our club as it stands has never built a stadium as the business was bought out of administration after the previous company built a stadium then went bust.

I can't wait to offload our 15 goal strikers.

From his RL interview I expect Pearson will keep our 15 goals from 41 league games striker Nugent, but get rid of the 9 goals from 41 league games striker as not fitting his desired 'greater activity' player profile.

"sanctions will not be applied until the 2013/14 reporting period in order to give clubs a sensible period of transition"

So technically we can still splash the cash this summer... though not exactly a sensible idea.

"sanctions will not be applied until the 2013/14 reporting period in order to give clubs a sensible period of transition"

So technically we can still splash the cash this summer... though not exactly a sensible idea.

I'm a bit confused how sanctions aren't going to be applied until 2013/14, but yet there's limits on owners investments next year?! Will there therefore be retrospective sanctions?

From his RL interview I expect Pearson will keep our 15 goals from 41 league games striker Nugent, but get rid of the 9 goals from 41 league games striker as not fitting his desired 'greater activity' player profile.

Other than the perception of some idiotic fans, how does Beckford not offer greater activity? 14 goals is 14 goals, unless we are pulling out of the cup next year?

Other than the perception of some idiotic fans, how does Beckford not offer greater activity? 14 goals is 14 goals, unless we are pulling out of the cup next year?

Cup goals don't count, and neither do headers or goals scored on Tuesdays.

True fans would know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670