Financial Fair Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is being argued that the money belonged to the football club and should never have been used by a third-party to invest in the football club. The act of misappropriation took place when the trust decided that the money was theirs to spend as they wIshed. The fact that 10% was returned is thus irrelevant but as it is the case that it was, the money should have been returned to the football club . This makes sense.

I'm pretty sure the buckets all said "Foxes Trust" on them. There was a lot of publicity at the time regarding supporters trusts and their aims, so if you didn't agree with them maybe you should have kept your money in your pocket.

I'm with you. I'll bring some beers if that's ok?

As long as you don't make me drink them, I've decided they were having a deleterious effect upon my life.

I had been given a load of alcohol but I've decided to keep it in case of a future emergency rather than return it to people who gave it to me as this was the logical thing to do.

As long as you don't make me drink them, I've decided they were having a deleterious effect upon my life.

I had been given a load of alcohol but I've decided to keep it in case of a future emergency rather than return it to people who gave it to me as this was the logical thing to do.
Fair play. Just down throw it into a bucket

I put £20 in a bucket back then.

Is the argument here that 10% of this should be returned to me?

I put £20 in a bucket back then.

Is the argument here that 10% of this should be returned to me?
No, but if you meet me at Huish Park before the game next season I can arrange for my ex-girlfriend to give you two quid's worth of hand action.

No, but if you meet me at Huish Park before the game next season I can arrange for my ex-girlfriend to give you two quid's worth of hand action.

Thanks BM, crystal clear now and bring on the fixture list :icon_lol:

Last edited:
I would like to ask the trust if they would consider donating the amount they have retained to start off a fund for a Keith Weller statue at the ground.

I would like to ask the trust if they would consider donating the amount they have retained to start off a fund for a Keith Weller statue at the ground.

Great shout that man.

Cracking concept as that is, who would own the statue? Would it be donated to the club or would it become an asset of the Trust?

Cracking concept as that is, who would own the statue? Would it be donated to the club or would it become an asset of the Trust?
Depends on wether it is placed in a bucket or not

The decision has been taken to retain the funds in case of a future financial crisis at the club, however when the Trust discussed with its members at an AGM other alternative uses for the funds, the most popular backing was for heritage based projects, like a physical museum (which the current owners talked of making a reality soon after arriving) or something specifically related to LCFC fans, like the memorial garden (where there had been talk of expansion, but again has failed to materialise). A statue is certainly heritage based, but we have always felt a physical museum which all fans can access was the top priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669