Football Manager 2025 delayed

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
The much-hyped ‘new era’ of Football Manager is off to a rocky start. This was to be the year that women’s football made its debut in the series. Sports Interactive had also made a rather big deal of the move to a new engine, the usual array of new features, and official Premier League licensing.

Some criticism has been fired at SI during this development cycle for a variety of reasons. Some are weirdly upset at the addition of women’s football, others are irritated by the removal of features that didn’t really do anything anyway, and many complain about everything just for something to do.

Still, as recently as last week, SI announced a release date in late November and their intention to reveal all the new features in more detail over the coming weeks, soliciting pre-orders by offering a discount and early access. Alas, this evening, SI have published a statement indicating that release has been pushed back to March 2025.

The collective meltdown on their forums and Reddit in response is ****ing brilliant.

I played the original Football Manager - text only - on either my TRS-80 or Acorn Electron (I think the latter).

I instantly got stuck in, really enjoying it, and began my first play session one evening. It was only when I noticed that it was suddenly 2:30am, I realised that I may be having a problem with the game!

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Brighton712
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711
9Tottenham 710
10Nottm F710
11Brentford710