Football Related Trivia - Fill in the gaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorkwolf

Just a little something to pass the time by. Fill in the gaps at your leisure. What you have to do is fill in the spaces with football team names within the English and Scottish leagues, no nicknames just team names only. I've filled in one of the answers (Leeds) to give you an idea.

Enjoy! :wink:

The sun shone _______ the day we set sail for the ________ aboard an ancient wooden ship, which had a ____ riddled with holes. As we sailed down the river which LEEDS to the sea, we waved to the fair maid leaning against the ______. The _____ was made up od Scots, Welshmen and others of the ______ race.

They were a rowdy bunch and after a drinking session they did in fact _____ furniture. The exception was a young man named ______ whose job it was to _____ the boilers. He was literate but won our _______ with his ______ efforts to improve his _______. However he was sent to ______ by the rest of the villains who had brought their _______ of weapons on board.

The Voyage made my _______ as she had not had a holiday ________ to long. The sea ____ did her _______ lot of good. We landed _______ in the day and on the ______ of the island at the foot of the hills where the natives _____ their dead. We crossed a _____ and saw another man in a quarry ______ rocks.

During the day we caught dark fish in the ________ and tried unsuccessfully to get fresh milk from a herd of wild cows. They didn't like having their ______. We _______ regardless, heading for the home of Hawaii's monarch, The _______ _____ _______ ________. She was very upset as her _____ ______ had been smashed when the ceiling fell down.

While her ______ was being built she was forced to live in a sumptuous _______. When we found the stolen money we put the _____ the ship and set sail for hoJust a little me, determined to put it in the _______ building society. That night we had _______ cake, ________ buns and some _________ which made us feel ill.

THE END.

The sun shone BRIGHTON the day we set sail for the ORIENT aboard an ancient wooden ship, which had a HULL riddled with holes. As we sailed down the river which LEEDS to the sea, we waved to the fair maid leaning against the MILLWALL. The CREWE was made up od Scots, Welshmen and others of the CELTIC race.

They were a rowdy bunch and after a drinking session they did in fact WREXHAM furniture. The exception was a young man named CLYDE whose job it was to STOKE the boilers. He was literate but won our HEARTS with his STERLING efforts to improve his READING. However he was sent to COVENTRY by the rest of the villains who had brought their ARSENAL of weapons on board.

The Voyage made my MOTHERWELL as she had not had a holiday FORFAR to long. The sea AYR did her CHESTER lot of good. We landed LEYTON in the day and on the SOUTHEND of the island at the foot of the hills where the natives BURY their dead. We crossed a _____ and another man in a quarry ______ rocks.

During the day we caught dark fish in the BLACKPOOL and tried unsuccessfully to get fresh milk from a herd of wild cows. They didn't like having their HUDDERSFIELD. We _______ regardless, heading for the home of Hawaii's monarch, The QUEEN OF THE SOUTH. She was very upset as her CRYSTAL PALACE had been smashed when the ceiling fell down.

While her PALACE was being built she was forced to live in a sumptuous NEWCASTLE. When we found the stolen money we put the LUTON the ship and set sail for hoJust a little me, determined to put it in the HALIFAX building society. That night we had DUNDEE cake, CHELSEA buns and some OLDHAM which made us feel ill.

Thats my best shot!

Good effort City. When you'vee completed this one why not have a go at this one which is similar to the first one. :wink:

The sun shone __________ the day my sister, my mother and myself set sail for the __________ in a very old ship, its __________ already riddled with holes. The four __________ members who had been with the company for years were Don, Mont, Kirk and Bart (who unfortunately could not speak).

Not having been paid __________ too long they were very unhappy and became disillusioned and on the second __________ of the voyage they obtained arms by breaking into the __________ and mutinied. Although they treated my __________, they did not take to my sister at all and __________ adrift on a raft.

I was terrified and hid in my cabin with the __________ the door. The crew raided the larder because they were as hungry as __________, but all they found was a smelly __________. So hungry were they that they ate almost the __________.

Then seeking to quench their thirst, they forced open the drinks cabinet. Finding that they did not __________ they opted for a small drink of whiskey. "Right," said Kirk, with __________ in hand, “I'll climb the rigging to see if we can sight land." "Watch you don't __________," said his mate. Meanwhile the others had found a __________ treasure. It was easy to open as the chain securing it had only one __________.

At this moment the ship began to sink. __________ quickly. "Get __________ deck to give me a hand," he shouted, and together they lifted the __________ to a raft. We drifted for days before seeing an island with a __________. After locating the __________ we went ashore to find that the island was uninhabited. There were signs that someone had been there recently as a __________ had been built next to the harbour and there was __________ __________ opposite.

There had obviously been a fire as __________ marks were clearly visible on all the buildings and a horrible smell of smoke hung in the __________. It broke our __________ to see the disarray. "I wonder where this road __________ to?" said Kirk. “It looks as if it goes right through that __________,” replied Bart. Although the crew were very tired they __________ with their search for survivors.

Then we suddenly fell and found ourselves falling to the bottom of a deep pit with a __________ of water at the bottom. At this moment I awoke. It had all been a terrible nightmare, caused I think by __________ Treasure Island before I went to sleep.

The sun shone BRIGHTON the day my sister, my mother and myself set sail for the ORIENT in a very old ship, its HULL already riddled with holes. The four CREWE members who had been with the company for years were Don, Mont, Kirk and Bart (who unfortunately could not speak).

Not having been paid FORFAR too long they were very unhappy and became disillusioned and on the second WEDNESDAY of the voyage they obtained arms by breaking into the ARSENAL and mutinied. Although they treated my MOTHERWELL, they did not take to my sister at all and DONCASTER adrift on a raft.

I was terrified and hid in my cabin with the BOLTON the door. The crew raided the larder because they were as hungry as WOLVES, but all they found was a smelly OLDHAM. So hungry were they that they ate almost the FULHAM.

Then seeking to quench their thirst, they forced open the drinks cabinet. Finding that they did not STOCKPORT they opted for a small drink of whiskey. "Right," said Kirk, with TOTTENHAM in hand, “I'll climb the rigging to see if we can sight land." "Watch you don't FALKIRK," said his mate. Meanwhile the others had found a CHESTER treasure. It was easy to open as the chain securing it had only one LINCOLN.

At this moment the ship began to sink. MONTROSE quickly. "Get DUMBARTON deck to give me a hand," he shouted, and together they lifted the LUTON to a raft. We drifted for days before seeing an island with a FOREST. After locating the PORTSMOUTH we went ashore to find that the island was uninhabited. There were signs that someone had been there recently as a NEWCASTLE had been built next to the harbour and there was ASTON VILLA opposite.

There had obviously been a fire as BLACKBURN marks were clearly visible on all the buildings and a horrible smell of smoke hung in the AYR. It broke our HEARTS to see the disarray. "I wonder where this road LEEDS to?" said Kirk. “It looks as if it goes right through that MANSFIELD,” replied Bart. Although the crew were very tired they PRESTON with their search for survivors.

Then we suddenly fell and found ourselves falling to the bottom of a deep pit with a BLACKPOOL of water at the bottom. At this moment I awoke. It had all been a terrible nightmare, caused I think by READING Treasure Island before I went to sleep.

There we go! Second one is easier after you've done the first one. Are they are all right? If so, what do I win? :wink:

Can't believe I wasted my time doing these......... :shock: :wink:

Reigniting this old thread. I've been handed a quiz on a similar vein, but struggling on a few. Anybody care to try and help?

The sun shone (1) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ the day we set sail aboard the ancient wooden ship whose (2) _ _ _ _ was riddled with holes. We sailed out of the (3) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _and along the coastline, waving to the flour grinders daughter leaning against the (4) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. The ships (5) _ _ _ _ _ was made up of Scotsmen, Welshmen and others of (6) _ _ _ _ _ _ origin. They were a rowdy lot and after one drinking session they did in fact (7) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ furniture. One young man named (8) _ _ _ _ _ (after a famous bank robber) whose job was to (9) _ _ _ _ _ the boiler was illiterate, but he won our (10) _ _ _ _ _ _ with his efforts to improve his (11) _ _ _ _ _ _ _. He was, however, sent to (12) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ by some of the more rowdy sailors who had brought a veritable (13) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ of weapons on board with them. The voyage made my old (14) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, she had not had a holiday (15) _ _ _ _ _ _ too long. The sea (16) _ _ _ did her (17) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ lot of good. The cockney midshipman warned her not to use shampoo with seawater as it would make all her (18) _ _ _ _ _ _ fall out and she would have to put a (19) _ _ _ _ _. We reached land (20) _ _ _ _ _ _ in the day, dropped anchor off the coast at the (21) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ of the island and went ashore near where the natives (22) _ _ _ _ their dead. During the day we caught dark coloured fish in the (23) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and tried without success to get milk from wild cows but they didn’t like their (24) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. In the evening we played some poker. The dealer said he would only give me another (25) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ I made a bet. I tried using a five-dollar note but the dealer said he would only accept (26) _ _ _ _ _ _ _. Later I helped the cook prepare a meal of baked olives. He said to only use the green ones because (27) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. After dinner we went to bed but I lay awake listening to the howling of (28) _ _ _ _ _ _ up in the hills. Next day we (29) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ regardless heading for the home of the islands monarch, the (30) _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _. When we reached the royal game reserve we were met by a group of the (31) _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ dressed in smart uniforms of (32) _ _ _ _ _ _ green. They greeted us with a friendly (33) “_ _ _ _ _ “ but said it was not wise to visit the monarch as her lovely (34) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ had been burnt to the ground in a (35) _ _ _ _ _ _ fire. While she was waiting for her (36) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ to be built she was forced to live in a modest (37) _ _ _ _ _. On our final day on the island we hunted for pirates treasure using what few (38) _ _ _ _ _ we had. Surprisingly we found a box full of money stolen by Blackbeard himself. We put the (39) _ _ _ _ _ the ship and set sail for home. We were determined to use it to make a large payment for a new ship so there would be (40) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ pay later. On the way home we had a celebratory tea of (41) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ buns, (42) _ _ _ _ _ _ cake and some (43) _ _ _ _ _ _, which unfortunately had gone off leaving many of us ill. However, everyone agreed that our maiden voyage had been a success and the captain had won his (44) _ _ _ _ _. We arrived home in the middle of the next week, on the (45) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ in fact. The cabin holding the treasure had to have a (46) _ _ _ _ _ _ as some of the mariners were not to be trusted. We knew this because the captain made the (47) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ some awkward questions about missing food from the galley. I managed to get home in time to see the (48) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Gold Cup. The winner was a horse called (49) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Tart owned by the Duke of (50) _ _ _ _.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363