For attention of football forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Boy

I have numerous families sat around me in F2. Some of the families bring 5,6,7 & 8 year olds to the game and before the match and at half time I am allowed to pollute their airspace with cigarette smoke.

Which numpty of you asked for the change in rules? You will find very few chidren in the cocourse at half time, they are usually in the stands enjoying the half time entertainment and unfortunately the tar, nicotine, carbon monoxide, etc.......

If you represent the fans then god help us. :x

Billy Boy said:
I have numerous families sat around me in F2. Some of the families bring 5,6,7 & 8 year olds to the game and before the match and at half time I am allowed to pollute their airspace with cigarette smoke.

Which numpty of you asked for the change in rules? You will find very few chidren in the cocourse at half time, they are usually in the stands enjoying the half time entertainment and unfortunately the tar, nicotine, carbon monoxide, etc.......

The Trust had numerous complaints about smoking in the concourse, in particular in the South Stand where the smoke had nowhere to escape to, so hung around in a cloud for ages.

The main advantage of smoking being allowed in the seats is that the smoke does drift into the atmosphere and isn't trapped anywhere.

The Fans Forum did also consider an outright smoking ban & that will be discussed later in the season.

Smoking is a discusting habit, it polutes the enviroment and has a detromental effect on people's health - more of an effcet on those who aren't even smoking! It should be banned full stop. I have no time for smoking and too many people let it ruke their lives.

Sorry MK, we all know you like a puff every now and again

Fox Fan said:
Sorry MK, we all know you like a puff every now and again
:lol:
sheer quality FF!
i've come to the decision that fags don't belong around me. I've only had one pack (20) in the last 3 weeks, which is great.

Billy Boy said:

People like me who cannot go down to the concourse if people smoke down there. I am a severe asthmatic and the one time that I HAD to go to the loo, I couldn't breathe and suffered an asthma attack. Whilst I don't like people smoking, I'd much rather have them smoke in their seats so the smoke can at least dissipate properly.
If people with families want a no smoking atmosphere then sod off to the family stand where no smoking is allowed and leave others to do what they want. Simple eh?

Xantha said:
Billy Boy said:

People like me who cannot go down to the concourse if people smoke down there. I am a severe asthmatic and the one time that I HAD to go to the loo, I couldn't breathe and suffered an asthma attack. Whilst I don't like people smoking, I'd much rather have them smoke in their seats so the smoke can at least dissipate properly.
If people with families want a no smoking atmosphere then sod off to the family stand where no smoking is allowed and leave others to do what they want. Simple eh?

Couldn't agree more. As a non-smoker I'd sooner people smoke at their seats than in the concourse. Whilst smoking is a filthy disgust habit I wouldn't make the stadium non-smoking because if you can't come to footy and swear, smoke, drink etc etc then feck it might as well go and sit in church for 90 minutes. If people want to sit in a smoke free area - feck off to the family enclosure.

EMC Fox said:
foxes1970 said:
If people want to sit in a smoke free area - feck off to the family enclosure.

That's a little unfair because it's not an option if you don't have kids... :?

Go down to the concourse during half time and before the start of the game.. or you could always ask the person smoking near you if they would mind moving away? You can escape the smoke if you try hard enough

I packed up smoking last week....what a bad time to do it....i could have smoked 20 during the game!!!!

Make the most of your limited freedom to smoke. The day of a total ban in all public buildings is not far off....

What I didn't understand was the "you can smoke in your seats before, during and after the game, but not while the game is in progress". So if you can't smoke while the game is in progress then how can you smoke during the game? Surely that's the same thing? I'm guessing it means you can smoke at half time...

Not that I actually smoke anyway

Billy Boy said:

billy did you see that concourse at half time you half expected to see jack the ripper lurking in the shadows :roll:

A clear majority of the fans forum voted for a complete ban in the stadium - or at least an extension of the ban to cover two whole stands.

The Club said that was too far to go without a much larger consultation exercise, and I understand they will be doing exactly that later in the season.

The idea of reverting to last years smoking rules was to stop the horrendous smog that was covering all of the concourses, and the corresponding complaints from people with families who had expressly favoured a return to last years rules

The smog in the Stadium must be bad poor old Kevin couldn't even see the ball.

Can we have cushions on the chairs and maybe the provison of slippers when its cold. I would ask for a pipe as well but apparently we want to ban them.

FFS! Why don't people just stay at home and watch Manure on the telly.

When the hell did going to a footie match have to be comfortable? I remember standing in Pen 3 not being able to touch the floor for the whole game as the pressure from the crowd kept me suspended.

Still managed to have a smoke though. :lol: :wink:

Given up now but still appreciate the rights of smokers :(

EMC Fox said:
RichMC24 said:
Given up now but still appreciate the rights of smokers :(

I think that people who want to smoke should be perfectly free to do so - in the privacy of their own coffin! :roll:

as i have now packed it in after 30 years i can now find that funny :lol :lol: :lol:

Have to say I personally agree with Rich, and was one of only three people who voted against an all out ban.

If you can't smoke at a footy game, then we might as well pack up now, and go and watch badminton or tennis, or maybe hockey if we get adventurous

Football is about pies, beer, bovril, fags (not faggots for the PC police), swearing, singing and shouting.

It should be compulsory to indulge in all of the above, but for the sake of the families/children/asthmatics/anti smoking mafia I would be happy to confine it to the South Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566