Forever in limbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Although we have a nice ground are we missing the boat. With a return to the prem far from certain it makes me wonder what the future holds for city. Its a bit depressing that we can't find a Russian tycoon or any suger daddy for that matter. When you see the guy Whelan putting loads into a club like Wigan it makes me envious, and not to forget what Jack Walker did for unfashionable Blackburn. There is also Manderic at Portsmouth and where the feck are clubs like Hull getting their money from. Will we be skint forever, cos it seems like we are far away from looking the big guns in the eye again. Even our ground with a 32500 capacity is nothing to get excited about when you see how many other clubs have made big steps forward. You can't walk away from your club, but it sure would be nice to have some dosh.

After what happened with going into admin a couple of seasons ago and the way peter taylor and the management at the time ruined this club you want to be thankful we have a club at all.

At the end of it all we should be thankful. We could be in a much worse position, i.e like the forest. Derby are worse off for money than we are and with a good quality manager, something I believe we currently have Derby had a reasonable season last season.

Lets face it there are a lot worse things that could be happening to the club. We have a good manager that is building a youngish team that has a reasonable quality on paper for this league.

We are never goin to be a BIG club like Chelsea or Arsenal etc. Look at Man U, "a big club" that now have loans of over 100 million.

I think you are feeling much the same as me with what is commonly known as "inter-season blues". waiting for the next season to start.

At the end of the day be thankful for what we have a reasonable club in the top 30 in the country, with a quality youngish team that can easily get us promoted this season.

IMO we still have signing(s) to make before next season to stregthen the squad/team but we can do it. COME ON THE CITY!

So stop whinging and get behind the boys.

Don't worry, I've already made the promise to myself that when I win the lottery, half of the money (provided it is more than a million) is going straight to LCFC :)

Let's just hope I can win a lot on the lottery! ;)

I think we need to look at a team like Charlton as to what we could be.They've no Sugar Daddy but are quite an established Premier League side however it's took them a good few years to get where they are.

Yeah that`s spot on Highland, Charlton used to look at us, under O`neill, as a team to emulate, it is becoming more and more difficult to bridge the gap from the Football league to the Premiership but we should consider it a challenge to try !

mad biker said:
Yeah that`s spot on Highland, Charlton used to look at us, under O`neill, as a team to emulate, it is becoming more and more difficult to bridge the gap from the Football league to the Premiership but we should consider it a challenge to try !

Also its quality being the team that no-one can dislike because you are achieving well above your status. I would be unhappy if someone did to us what has happened at chelski. Thier fans are loving it at the moment but what happens when roman wants a new toy??? Will chelsea still be able to afford the wage bill they are left with, no chance IMO, the club could go under. What we achieved under o'neill is much more impressive and gives us fans alot more to be proud about than anything chelsea have done/will do under Roman.

Lboro fox said:
mad biker said:

Also its quality being the team that no-one can dislike because you are achieving well above your status. I would be unhappy if someone did to us what has happened at chelski. Thier fans are loving it at the moment but what happens when roman wants a new toy??? Will chelsea still be able to afford the wage bill they are left with, no chance IMO, the club could go under. What we achieved under o'neill is much more impressive and gives us fans alot more to be proud about than anything chelsea have done/will do under Roman.

More like what happens when the Russian Government wants the oil feilds back, and Roman ends up in a Sybirian jail for tax fraud.

Lboro fox said:
mad biker said:

That's a shame, as when I become a billionaire, I had planned to do exactly the same as Abramovich has done to Chelski, to City. Should I cancel those plans. :? :? :p :p :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Steven said:
Lboro fox said:
mad biker said:

That's a shame, as when I become a billionaire, I had planned to do exactly the same as Abramovich has done to Chelski, to City. Should I cancel those plans. :? :? :p :p :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

No need for that steven!!! Just lie about how much you are worth and keep giving craig 5-6million a year to get us in the prem. That will do for me!! Seriously though, if we ever did get someone like that at the club i would hope they would only sign players that the club could afford if they fooked off. Otherwise it would be administration for us again!!

After what happened with going into admin a couple of seasons ago and the way peter taylor and the management at the time ruined this club you want to be thankful we have a club at all.

At the end of it all we should be thankful. We could be in a much worse position, i.e like the forest. Derby are worse off for money than we are and with a good quality manager, something I believe we currently have Derby had a reasonable season last season.

I don't need to be thankful because i agree with you on that . I'd sooner follow city in the Conference rather than have no club at all.

We are never goin to be a BIG club like Chelsea or Arsenal etc. Look at Man U, "a big club" that now have loans of over 100 million.

That is the sad thing, we need a minor miracle to get us out of the pack of clubs who will always settle for second best.
Why can we never be a BIG club. Chelsea, Arsenal and Man u have all had periods in the wilderness in the last 30 years. Chelsea were poorly run ,and had over reached themselves by multi millions until Abramovich saved them.Without him they would have been another Leeds. Remember that was their first title in 50 years, hardly the stuff of a BIG club. To be honest if you take the odd F.A.Cup win off them they hadn't done much more than Leicester in the last 30 years.
Arsenal a club like Chelsea with great tradition. But don't forget the pre-Wenger years stretching back into the 1980's where Arsenal never got a sniff of the title (apart from the 1989 season).
Man U went some 20 odd years without a title before Fergie started bringing back the silverware.
These clubs all have a great history to them but they wouldn't be anywhere without the money thats pumped into them. Thats why i dream .

At the end of the day be thankful for what we have a reasonable club in the top 30 in the country, with a quality youngish team that can easily get us promoted this season.

I reckon you are a young fellow that as not yet had enough highs and lows and false dawns to want something extra from your club. The current Leicester team is amongst the weakest i've seen since in all my years of following city. I don't blame Levein or the players for that, its all to do with the aftermath of administration.

So stop whinging and get behind the boys

This is not me whinging its about hoping that one day we can escape from the also- rans and become a force in football. Might and probaly won't happen, but as the old man tells me that Preston, Wolves and Blackpool and Portsmouth all had heady days in football. Under MON we came so close to establishing ourselves ,but like so many times before the main man flips the nest and back down the greasy pole we go.

it all depends on the fixtures a good start is vital otherwise the season might fizzle out like this season

when i win £50million on the Euromillions(i wish!!) i will go to the board and tell them i'll pay off the Americans who own the ground and City can play there for nothing as long as the Tiggers don't share!

well,that's the plan....just need to buy the winning ticket now... :roll:

But we already have one of the richest men in Football, I can't remember his name but in 442's richest men in Football he was just outside the top 10 with more money than Whelan and Milan, he was the bloke who owned the carphone warehouse and he was involved in taking us out of Admin, but he obviously doesn't want to reach into his pocket like Milan and Whelan

one of his colleagues at carphone warehouse sold some shares last week for 10 million but still has shares to the value of 510 mill :eek: surely a little bit could be thrown citys way :-(

didnt that bloke from cw only help us in admin because he is a friend of lineker and not really a city fan :?

well he wouldnt miss a few mill would he next time he's round at garys having a spag bol and a glass of red, gary ought to bring it up :D mind you he might need it to pay that anti antip antopd err twat from oz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00