Forever in limbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
homer said:
David Ross

that's him!!

he wasn't a fan but was doing Linekers sister in law!! lol

however you don't just need someone who is stinking Rich you also need someone who doesn't mind throwing money that he knows he isn't going to get back

Max Griggs has cut all ties with Rushden recently, I might be wrong but didnt he want to invest in Leicester around 10-15 years ago? If only he wanted to invest now :-(

homer said:
David Ross

He is an existing shareholder & holds slightly more shares than the Foxes Trust.

However both DR & the FT individually own more shares than Sir Gary

As far as we are aware the Foxes Trust is the only shareholder to have invested further money in shares this year. :!:

Foxes_Trust said:
homer said:
David Ross

He is an existing shareholder & holds slightly more shares than the Foxes Trust.

As far as we are aware the Foxes Trust is the only shareholder to have invested further money in shares this year. :!:

Given that FT, if i'm right is not yet in the top 10 shareholders of the club, then its not exactly uplifting to see the main people keeping their hands firmly in their pockets. :-(

Totally agree with Mad Biker, we must try to emulate Charlton who emulated us in the first place.

Personally those years under O'Neill were amazing and it was so special that a little shitty club like Leicester roughed up the big fish of the premiership and won league cup finals and in general were a pain in the arse, we were never beaten and you felt we became most people's 2nd club for our never say die attitude and we looked like a club who knew how to enjoy it.

We are what we are a mid sized club who will yo-yo between success and mediocrity, but every so often we will have a special 4 or 5 years where we make a real fist of it and have some real success and I for one would not swap those feelings for a rather empty few years being bankrolled by some guy who treats our club like some playboy's toy and losing our identity as loads of hangers on start supporting us cos it is trendy. We should be proud of what we are and we should aspire to reach those heady heights again of the MON years but not at the expense of losing our club's identity.

Brauny Blue said:
Foxes_Trust said:
homer said:
David Ross

Given that FT, if i'm right is not yet in the top 10 shareholders of the club, then its not exactly uplifting to see the main people keeping their hands firmly in their pockets. :-(

Correct, we are now the 13th largest shareholder.

Under the articles of association, no one can have more than around 9.5% of the shares, to avoid any chance of a single individual taking control of the club. This rule can only be changed by shareholder approval.

At this point no individual has reached that sealing, so all could invest more

Foxes_Trust said:
Correct, we are now the 13th largest shareholder.

Under the articles of association, no one can have more than around 9.5% of the shares, to avoid any chance of a single individual taking control of the club. This rule can only be changed by shareholder approval.

At this point no individual has reached that sealing, so all could invest more

'ceiling' perhaps??

The only time we have ever had a serious amount of money, a certain PT screwed it up for us. Who knows, if we were to have another £20 million, CL might do the same thing?

How about getting Engelbert or the Attenborough's to give us a few bob?

Mike Hunt Smells said:
The only time we have ever had a serious amount of money, a certain PT screwed it up for us. Who knows, if we were to have another £20 million, CL might do the same thing?

IMO the board at the time have to take a certain amount of blame for giving him the funds with their kamikaze style. He was unproven in top flight football management. How on earth could they allow him to spend 5M on Akinbiyi. :x The danger signals were there right away and yet they still managed to let him go on and spend another 15M.

That's a good point and I think back to the time of the "gang of four" when MON threatend to walk out and it makes me think maybe they were on to something because the board we had at the time turned out to be a bunch of total idiots who threatend the entire existance of our club

[/quote]

To be fair, if you're not a passionate fan, you're not going to invest a fortune into a club like Leicester just because you were born in the city/county.

As far as I am aware, the only guy who had major financial clout and has any affiliation to City is David Wilson (of David Wilson Homes) who the club had been in talks with a few years ago (I don;t know about over the last 2-3 years) but would not heavily commit financially to the team. He's not in the Abramovich fold, but he'd help us in a major way: unfortunately it seems he has an interest in rather than a passion for the club.

Mike Hunt Smells said:

Well Dickie aint gonna cough up he's a f8cking Chelsea fan, the tart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669