** FORUM DOWNTIME TODAY **

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Due to a software upgrade I expect the forum will be down for a while today.

I have no idea how long this is going to take, but I'm hoping it will be measured in minutes rather than hours.

The update has now been completed. There was virtually no downtime because I installed a new copy of the forum software in a different location, rather than overwriting the old one.

Although the upgrade is a significant one, I don't think you'll notice much difference, most of the changes are security/bug related.

Please let me know if you notice any problems, or any wonderful new features I haven't spotted.

DurhamFox said:
Webbo - whats going on? its taking upwards of 60 seconds to load pages!!!

There may have been speed problems while the upgrade was being installed, but I've not noticed any problems since then.

Are you experiencing problems on specific pages, or on the site in general?

before you ask, i am using 20 times broadband and they used to lad in about 2 seconds and yes other websites are working fine.

know what you tecchie types are like :D

webmaster said:
DurhamFox said:
Webbo - whats going on? its taking upwards of 60 seconds to load pages!!!

There may have been speed problems while the upgrade was being installed, but I've not noticed any problems since then.

Are you experiencing problems on specific pages, or on the site in general?

All over the site.

webmaster said:
DurhamFox said:
before you ask, i am using 20 times broadband and they used to lad in about 2 seconds and yes other websites are working fine.

know what you tecchie types are like :D

I'm using 56k dial-up, wihtout any problems!

Strange, although its a bit better now.

I suspect it IS an ISP related thing, as I would be experiencing worse problems than you if it was a problem with the site.

It could be a specific routing issue between your ISP and this site, so you wouldn't necessarily notice problems with other sites.

webmaster said:
I suspect it IS an ISP related thing, as I would be experiencing worse problems than you if it was a problem with the site.

It could be a specific routing issue between your ISP and this site, so you wouldn't necessarily notice problems with other sites.

Its all good now webbo. Thanks anyway.

This Christmas format looks a bit like Foxes Talk :lol:

Bobby Smith said:
This Christmas format looks a bit like Foxes Talk :lol:

If it does it's just a coincidence, I haven't been to Foxestalk since in first started, so I have no idea what it looks like.

There may be a couple of other changes to the forum today, if I get the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669