Foxes Trust...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadFox

You supposedly represent the fans, so why don't you stop hiding and let us know what is really going on. It seems to me that this deal is dead. News is starting to spread from the horses mouth in rapid fashion. I'm several thousand miles away, yet I get a phone call from, let's just say "wealthy in Wigston" that like always, it got fecked up! You owe it to the people who sent you money and the people who frequent this board to let everyone know what the hell is going on?

~Lurv
Mad and really fecking steaming fox

Steven

You supposedly represent the fans, so why don't you stop hiding and let us know what is really going on. It seems to me that this deal is dead. News is starting to spread from the horses mouth in rapid fashion. I'm several thousand miles away, yet I get a phone call from, let's just say "wealthy in Wigston" that like always, it got fecked up! You owe it to the people who sent you money and the people who frequent this board to let everyone know what the hell is going on?

~Lurv

False premise to start with. ;)

Redditch Fox

~Lurv

The FT:

1. doesn't represent the fans
2. doesn't have the best interests of LCFC at heart
3. will rejoice if the MM takeover aborts - because they have no interest in the club suceeding in terms of football results...only having a weak as possible board upon which they can imagine they have some leverage.

Steven

The FT:

3. will rejoice if the MM takeover aborts - because they have no interest in the club suceeding in terms of football results...only having a weak as possible board upon which they can imagine they have some leverage.

Spot on. ;)

Boy Genius

Banned
The FT are about as much use as an udder on a bull.............

Muzzy's Right Boot

Sorry to say folks but i've heard the deal is as good as dead. Got the call earlier from a pretty useful contact who has never got much wrong on the old rumour front and he says that the deal has stalled due to 2 or 3 opposing shareholders. It could be bollocks. let's hope so

Boy Genius

Banned
Sorry to say folks but i've heard the deal is as good as dead. Got the call earlier from a pretty useful contact who has never got much wrong on the old rumour front and he says that the deal has stalled due to 2 or 3 opposing shareholders. It could be bollocks. let's hope so

unless they were really major shareholders with a lot of shares between them, but at the moment there is nothing the shareholders or directors can do until MM has finished looking over the books and puts a proper bid together. These things do not just happen over night and there is a certain path they have to follow.

This deal will go through

fitz

The FT are probably in discussions now hence the lack of replies.

with eachother about what raffle to do next. ignoring important issues like "who wants a feckin flag to smack them in the face before each game?" "who is for losing the ST 10% discount? you can't complain if buying a few Kias from bolton gets you a free season ticket"

if the deal is dead it means an even more depressing season

Dour

The FT:

C'mon. The FT were in favour of the takeover.

Foxes_Trust

We have no new news from the club today and can't say a great deal due to the legal processes in place.

It's not about hiding as MadFox has posted, it's about following the legal rules laid out by the takeover panel

Our understanding is the talks are still ongoing with the aim of a formal bid document then being put in front of shareholders which is likely to gain approval

Given that still hasn't happened, we can't see the deal going ahead in 2006.

SilverFox

So in a nutshell trust all this talk about dead deals and 3 rebel shareholders is all fairytale...

you can say that can't you?

Dour

So in a nutshell trust all this talk about dead deals and 3 rebel shareholders is all fairytale...

More answerable questions would be:

Is MM still sounding out options with the board (and via them, shareholders)?

Are some still shareholders seeking clarification of what the bid might be?

Why are you in favour of the MM bid?

Lako42

this whole takeover is utter ****ing toss

SilverFox

Thanks for telling me what I should have asked mate:icon_roll

All the same I quite like the way I phrased it.

Foxes_Trust

With any takeover there will be various "issues" that need to be resolved, as each party looks for the best deal for them. The LCFC board have a duty to both act in the long term interests of the club & the interests of the shareholders who appointed them (those 2 interests can both compliment & conflict)

Only the shareholders on the actual board would be aware of the current deal on offer, the rest are waiting for the official document, so wouldn't be in a position to oppose or back anything. The shareholders will have received no update since Nov 18th.

As we have the Observer at board meetings, Trust representatives are up to speed with developments, but can't reveal anything & would be unwise to do so, as things change as the days progress (slowly).

We have heard various stories/theories about which shareholders may oppose the deal and the differing reasons why, but no shareholder has directly told us that they oppose it.

Don't forget 2/3 shareholders could not stop the deal if the rest were in favour.

Lako42

why has MM missed his own deadline. Poor business practice if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669