Freeview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Just wondered if anyone could help, ive just bought a freeview box. I set it all up and then did the channel search. It only found about 6 channels, and even when i put it on one of them, the signal bar is empty so i cant watch anything. No matter where i put my aerial it doesnt make a difference. Gettin very frustrated, any suggestions?

Cheers

Sounds like you haven't got a good enough aerial. In fact, from what you say I assume it is an indoor one, which is most unlikely to pick up a decent digital signal - in most places even an old rooftop one is rarely good enough

There should be an option somewhere in the menu to check the signal strength you are receiving.

Sounds like you haven't got a good enough aerial. In fact, from what you say I assume it is an indoor one, which is most unlikely to pick up a decent digital signal - in most places even an old rooftop one is rarely good enough

There should be an option somewhere in the menu to check the signal strength you are receiving.

lidl are also doing an indoor digital receiver aerial designed for your problem sean, think it was about 20-30 quid.

Spot on cheers 4 the advice. Ive just looked on argos site, theres a few of them indoor reciever things on there so ill fetch one tomorrow. Cheers!

Just wondered if anyone could help, ive just bought a freeview box. I set it all up and then did the channel search. It only found about 6 channels, and even when i put it on one of them, the signal bar is empty so i cant watch anything. No matter where i put my aerial it doesnt make a difference. Gettin very frustrated, any suggestions?

Cheers

i cant any ITV channels, or e4 (but can get e4 +1:icon_roll ) freeviews shite, sept for soccer saturday though 2day not so good

I have returned the bastard thing. Bought a new aerial but that made no difference, so i am resigned to being stuck with the same shit 5 channels. There was a lot of swearing and shouting at the thing but it either didnt understand or was merely being insolant. Either way, its gone. Thanks anyway all

I have returned the bastard thing. Bought a new aerial but that made no difference, so i am resigned to being stuck with the same shit 5 channels. There was a lot of swearing and shouting at the thing but it either didnt understand or was merely being insolant. Either way, its gone. Thanks anyway all

You have to be in a strong signal area to get Freeview using a set-top aerial. The only way I could get freeview when I lived in a flat in Leicester was by using a loft aerial carefully positioned on the wall, along with a signal booster. Didn't look great but it was the only way to get a good enough signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669