"Fringe Players Can Go"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Away

Milan claims that some players would be happier if they could move on and play regular football.

So who are the players to get rid of? Where can City cut the proverbial fat this January?

Kischisev (sp?) 100%

Hayles, Hayes, N'Gotty, Campbell, Kisnorbo (I would), Kishishev and Mattock (take the money and run) for me.

Hayles, Hayes, N'Gotty, Campbell, Kisnorbo (I would), Kishishev and Mattock (take the money and run) for me.

assume you mean sell them all, if so I'd agree. don't forget that Ray Clemence's son is still on the payroll (I think)

kishishev, kisnorbo, clemence, porter, worley, sappleton - all will be on the list

Controversial ones would be Henderson and DJ Campbell.

If we sell any of Mattock, campbell or kisnorbo (for whom we are likely to get good fees)we can probably look to sign Lambert or another quality league one striker, along with a midfielder like Davies who has shown up well since arriving.

Oh I forgot he existed. Yes, I'd get rid of him but I doubt we'll be able to with him being completely ****ed. I'd have put Wesolowski on the list but he's in the same camp as Clemence.

Would you replace them or just leave the squad a bit threadbare?

I'd replace some but not all. Mandaric says there's some money so use it wisely. Get Davies in for the rest of the reason and keep hold of Edworth and Powell for back-up.

It's not like any of them have been in the side much anyway (Hayles, Hayes, N'Gotty all on loan). We have plenty of centre backs and Powell or Berner can play left back.

Last edited:
depends on the meaning of replace....if you mean replace them with bit part players then yes, if its a like for like replacement there is no point. would hope that we wont replace cripples and people that should be flipping burgers with similar, is Potter really still on the books?

I think we are stuck with Bruno unless we pay him off.

Kishishev can certainly move although I suspect he has a part to play in a long season.

I agree with selling Kisnorbo if possible.

Hayles should move on but I think it would be wise to replace him with another striker (preferably a non rubbish one).

Levi will be playing for Oadby within a year or two, as will Sappleton.

While not deadwood, I think its safe to say Mattock will move for a fairly hefty fee, and I don't mind that, it's easier to replace a fullback than a striker.

I admire your honesty, but I don't really think that this is the place to be discussing your depraved fantasies.

Kischisev (sp?) 100%

Will be gone as of 1st January according to someone bloke at work.

City are trying to push them out of the door. They really want N'Gotty gone but it would be perceived as bad conduct to get rid of someone with an injury and injury where there is simply no quick fix.

There's a number of young fringe players also who City want to try at a lower level and keep them fit with the lack of a proper reserves league but it's proving difficult to farm them out.

Hayles gone on a free if Cheltenham can afford his wages.

Could be shit however.

Will be gone as of 1st January according to someone bloke at work.

City are trying to push them out of the door. They really want N'Gotty gone but it would be perceived as bad conduct to get rid of someone with an injury and injury where there is simply no quick fix.

There's a number of young fringe players also who City want to try at a lower level and keep them fit with the lack of a proper reserves league but it's proving difficult to farm them out.

Hayles gone on a free if Cheltenham can afford his wages.

Could be shit however.

Your information is shit or Hayles is shit or both?

Kisnorbo (But realistically nobody is going to buy him given a season of injuries), Kishishev, Campbell, Logan, Wesolowski, Hayles, Worley, Mattock, Rowe-Turner, Hayes

I’d sign Martin, Powell, Edworthy and Davies on till the end of the season and hopefully bring in one or two permanent additions.

I thought I read somewhere that Kishishev was going back to Bulgaria for 3 months with a view to a permanent move.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570