Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

The more and more this season has gone on the more disillusioned I have become. Whenever we win a game I, like many others, always get that feeling that we might be on the start of a run. Yet time after time the next game we play is back to the same old shite. This is the first time ever when I've started going to home games without the usual passion for football, and just expecting the same, boring match.
It's got me wondering what the reasons for this could be? The only thing I have thought of so far is that the team goes into the next match thinking it will be a walk in the park.But for a team who's not winning much at the moment i doubt they get over confident that easily. Any suggestions?

The reason is that we have a squad full of complete and utter shite

Quite simple, really

homer said:
The reason is that we have a squad full of complete and utter shite

Quite simple, really

Once it was clear that MA had brought in players who were ok on paper but not on grass (pitches that is) - it was inevitable that this season was a write off - as previously posted I was ok about Adams seeing out this sterile season as long as he went at the end. However, his earlier departure should be seen as a bonus and what is happening now as an avoidable void until CL starts to pull things round -without assuming of course that he is necessarily going to be successful.

This club has been badly managed in every conceivable way since the departure of MON -but CL was an imaginative appointment and the potential deal with the Tigers also a good initiative -tho' I know that ouyou ,Homer, had a problem with that,

Couldnt agree more Redditch.
More and more things are coming to light also. 2nd highest to Leeds in paying agents fees-by miles,Thatcher being sold for £500000 when we gave him away and dear old Harry, the one with so much transfer experience legging it to Millwall.
I really think its not just been incompetence but some strange double dealing that has not had the club or the fans at heart. Levein will sort it out but it will take time :roll: :roll:

drummindefender said:
The more and more this season has gone on the more disillusioned I have become. Whenever we win a game I, like many others, always get that feeling that we might be on the start of a run. Yet time after time the next game we play is back to the same old shite. This is the first time ever when I've started going to home games without the usual passion for football, and just expecting the same, boring match.
It's got me wondering what the reasons for this could be? The only thing I have thought of so far is that the team goes into the next match thinking it will be a walk in the park.But for a team who's not winning much at the moment i doubt they get over confident that easily. Any suggestions?

I absolutly agree with you. I made a 3 hour train journey to Preston with huge knee pain, so I took pills for my knee which make me feel sick and the just to really piss me off the game ive made all this effort for is utterly bollox!

The Leicester games are starting to piss me off and the moaning culture of some home fans during the game is making the thought of a home game almost unbarable. It sad when it starts to get to the point where going to the matches lmost seems like a waste of a day :(

fairbanksh said:
Couldnt agree more Redditch.
More and more things are coming to light also. 2nd highest to Leeds in paying agents fees-by miles,Thatcher being sold for £500000 when we gave him away and dear old Harry, the one with so much transfer experience legging it to Millwall.
I really think its not just been incompetence but some strange double dealing that has not had the club or the fans at heart. Levein will sort it out but it will take time :roll: :roll:

Yes -how could they have brought someone like Basset to Leicester?

I have an unspoken / unwritten deal with CL .
He agrees never to play Makin again and I promise not to complain too much about so many poor pasionless performances from the team week in and week out - home and away .
However in an open style letter ..just a few suggestions to CL from the Preston game. .....where incidentially the Ref was very fair ....he gave just about the same number of free kicks to both sides .....the PNE free kicks 20 yards out from goal and the Leicester free kicks 35-45 yards outside the goal .

Did you notice that whenever Leicester City got a corner three ....yes three....PNE players went to the half way line and drew four ....yes four Leicester players back to mark them .?

Did you notice that when PNE got a corner we packed all eleven players into the Box and surrounding area .....and had no one to release the ball to ?

Did you also notice that PNE tried some lovely variations on their free kicks .....one or two nice moves had clearly had been worked on very hard on the training ground . Do you think I am missing some slick moves from Leicester City on dead balls ? Ive yet to see one single spark of real genius or for that matter even a tiny number of superbly delivered balls ....but perhaps Im missing something ?

Although everyones supporting CL and giving him time to sort things out I'm not to sure that his appointment was a wise one as we do have a decent team and maybe it's him thats not doing the right things as MA got about the same results with the same team as CL is using so its probably the manager tha is to blame for the teams poor performance as if his team doesn't do well at something then they should work on it and improve it. Sure he did well up in Scotland but to be honest thats not hard as long as you have some good players. Maybe you all should be calling for CL out instead until he starts to get som results in. We played more entertaining football under Micky maybe we didn't win as many as we should of but we're not doing all that great now. We could use getting rid of some of the older players but then theres not that many talented younger players in the right mind which would want to come to us.

Sam said:
Although everyones supporting CL and giving him time to sort things out I'm not to sure that his appointment was a wise one as we do have a decent team and maybe it's him thats not doing the right things as MA got about the same results with the same team as CL is using so its probably the manager tha is to blame for the teams poor performance as if his team doesn't do well at something then they should work on it and improve it. Sure he did well up in Scotland but to be honest thats not hard as long as you have some good players. Maybe you all should be calling for CL out instead until he starts to get som results in. We played more entertaining football under Micky maybe we didn't win as many as we should of but we're not doing all that great now. We could use getting rid of some of the older players but then theres not that many talented younger players in the right mind which would want to come to us.

Sorry Sam but i can't go with you on this. For starters its daft to judge CL this season , after all he's not been here 5 minutes. IMO we certainly do not have a good team . Even MON would be hard pushed to do anything with this bunch. Early signs from CL are encouraging with younger faces coming in to make way for the dads army. There is no quick fix though when you are this poor.

Give CL time he has taken over a squad littered with 30 somethings who mainly appear to be demotivated and uninterested. CL has bought in 3 players so far all under 30, hungry, keen to play for Leicester and appear to be better than than the current incumbents. We should judge CL once he has been able to have a full pre season with the players and once he has assembled a squad full of his own players.

Another point where I think we have made great strides is the vast improvement shown by a number of players since CL has arrived namely Stewart, Williams, Connolly and Gillespie. CL must be given time to sort this mess out and it will take a lot longer than 3 months. Please give him time and support him, next season will be an exciting one.

Charles at Harrogate said:
Did you notice that when PNE got a corner we packed all eleven players into the Box and surrounding area .....and had no one to release the ball to ?

When CL joined it was stated that he would always put all his players in the box when the opposition had a corner. Strange but (unfortunatly) true.
Most of us can't see why but the manager must have his ideas.

Daft that we still conceed from too many set pieces

Sam said:
We played more entertaining football under Micky

I disagree with pretty much everything you wrote, but the quote above made me think you're probably just trying to start an argument.

Or do you really think the football was more entertaining under MA?

We were scoring more goals but no game this season has been half as good as any last season.

Sam said:
We were scoring more goals but no game this season has been half as good as any last season.

The number of goals scored this season under MA and CL is almost identical.

But I think the style of football CL's team is trying to play is better than MA's style, even if neither of them have done it very well.

Most of the entertainment last season came from the opposition.

It was entertaining to watch LCFC last season but only if you were a neutral. As an LCFC fan it was less than exciting, more painful than anything else - how we didn't stay up I'll never know. C'est la vie.

Sam said:
Maybe you all should be calling for CL out instead until he starts to get som results in.

Makes me think you do not even go to games :roll: and when ever has mocking your own players or manager made them try or perform better.

The whole club is on a downer at the moment, us fans are worse than the players. o.k we pay the money and are entitled to our opinions, but surely we can try and support the team and make some noise, yes we need something to cheer about, but for christ sake I have never heard so many moaning gits in all my time going to games. We play better away from home because the fans sing regardless and are not constantly mocking them.
Who knows what CL will achieve here, but he can talk the talk, lets see if he can walk the walk shall we?

To be honest, anyone having a go at CL can **** off to Derby... ****ing narrow-minded ****s... **** off.

CL has a three-year plan... Get behind him.

yes we've got a decent squad in terms of footballing ability, technique etc but we also have a squad which is completely lacking mentally because so many players in it have no reason to compete and fight as hard as they can - either because they are old and effectively having one last run round the racecourse before being put out to pasture or because they are journeymen with no emotional attachment to the club because they havent been here long and know they may well not be here all that long. all these players have is professional pride which is no subsitute for genuine passion for a club (or indeed for your career). i dont think you can blame levein for any of this, all he can do is try and bring on the players who do genuinely belong at city as much as possible while trying to coax 5 more months of decent performances out of the rest before letting them hit the road.

webmaster said:
Sam said:

The number of goals scored this season under MA and CL is almost identical.

But I think the style of football CL's team is trying to play is better than MA's style, even if neither of them have done it very well.

Most of the entertainment last season came from the opposition.

As much as I hate to admit, I think we played quite attractive football under Bassett and Wilko, we didnt get the results, but we knocked it about quite well and looked quick to break.
Under MA, it was just a case of lump it up to Scowcroft and hopefully someone will get onto the flicks...
Now with CL at least you see a variation of the old lumping it up and sometimes taking goal kicks short and build from the back.
Also, I think we've been switching the play from left to right better under CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669