Fryatt costs us 150 grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

According to one football site, the fact we are staying up has cost us 150 thousand.

Source

There was a lot of speculation when we sold Matty Fryatt on the terms and conditions of the sale. Perhaps we will never know the exact details, but besides appearences, goals and international recognitions and of cause a sell on clause there are clauses relating the Foxes team performances.

It is understood that the first payment would be recieved if the Foxes who were in the relegation zone at the time of the sale stayed up. Well it is mathematically certain that the Leicester will be playing championship football next season. The rumour from Leicester puts the level of payment at 150k.

It is not known if this will be paid now (which I doubt) or at the end of season or when the league distrupts the respective monies for next season.

The sale of Matty Fryatt may well have cost us our league one status.However whether the money will be reinvested in regaining a team capable of getting up the leagues is anyones guess. However with the history Mr Bonser has for prudence and the gapping holes relegation will cause in our budgets(lower gates etc) I know what I think.

He is after all only twenty. I think he has the potential to be absolute quality. He must now have nearly twenty for the season overall,

I dont expect him to be at us for longer than a couple of seasons though.

drummindefender said:
surely he has been worth every penny:102:

Especially compared to the £1m Wigan have to give us for staying up.

imo it was definatly worth it, he is one of the most talented young strikers in the country, shows the ambition that is at the club now!!

The deal is worth every penny. I still find it hard to believe he is still only 19.
Just enjoy the football while he is here....:)

CL did an awful lot right BB, he laid the foundations on which RK will hopefully build a exiting future for LCFC and us all !

mad biker said:
CL did an awful lot right BB, he laid the foundations on which RK will hopefully build a exiting future for LCFC and us all !

If there was ever a situation where you could say a manager lost a changing room then maybe CL would be a fair example. But if in a years time Leicester were heading for the play-offs how many people would put their hands up and admit that the majority of the squad was CL signings, and that he did have an eye for a player even if he didn't make the best of his own work.

CL did everything the board asked of him, brought in talented youngsters, lowered average age, brought down wages, boosted the academy. The only thing he couldn't do is get the players to play together and win matches!

We have CL to take the credit for this (on the surface anyway):

Connolly out £3,000,000
Fryatt in £150,000

Balance + £2,850,000

Is Connolly that much better than Fryatt? or should the question be: Is Connolly better than Fryatt at all? IMO Fryatt has done more for this club and it's fans already than Connolly ever did.

Well Done CL

No idea,

I have been thinking about my previous post though.

CL got rid of Connolly because £3,000,000 was too good to turn down and he genuinely believed MDV was the man for the job. Fryatt was a pressure signing and a gamble that paid off.

If CL was still here MDV would be up front with Elvis alongside him whilst Fryatt and Hume would be warming the bench.

Sorry CL, I am taking the credit I gave you back again

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
CL did everything the board asked of him, brought in talented youngsters, lowered average age, brought down wages, boosted the academy. The only thing he couldn't do is get the players to play together and win matches!

Exactly right Mike. CL did a hell of a lot of stuff which the club had needed for years, in particular buying young players compared to the OAP squad of Micky Adams (who still must be given a little credit for our promotion?). We are in a far healthier position in terms of finances and playing squad than we have been for years - look at Fryatt, Hume and in particular McCarthy for evidence of that. For whatever reason, he couldn't get them to do anything right and now we have a man who seems to be able to do that, the future looks pretty bright. I just hope I'm still this optimistic come 5 pm today!

Roll on next season i say and see what happens from there with the Squad and Fryatt is a great investment for City one of best they have made in a long time.

Brauny Blue said:
How long will he be with us though:102: . If a prem club offer 2-3M then sadly i think he'll be gone .

Like i said roll on next season and let us see...

You've only to look at how many games and goals Wigan have got out of Connelly as what we have got out Fryatt. I think we know who got the better deal. May it continue for long while. I for one won't complaing if it costs us another £150,000 especially when he reaches his target of 20 goals next season

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570