FT V TB Take 2. Players Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad thinks he'll be available for this in goal, just needs to check he doesn't need to be hoing car booting with my mum :icon_roll

On FT nineteen players have already made themselves available. :icon_conf

They had more than that last year.

We barely made 11 with friends drafted in so not to worry. Still went 2-1 up early on!:icon_cool

My dad thinks he'll be available for this in goal, just needs to check he doesn't need to be hoing car booting with my mum :icon_roll

We will work on him tonight!

2-0, went 2-2. 4-2 down, they thought they had it wrapped up and then TB stormed back to 4-4. We'd have done 'em with extra time - though I don't how I'd of coped with 120 minutes of action.

2-0, went 2-2. 4-2 down, they thought they had it wrapped up and then TB stormed back to 4-4. We'd have done 'em with extra time - though I don't how I'd of coped with 120 minutes of action.

Great game, and we we're absolutely Fecked by the end, but considering they had a new 11 for the second half, we didn't do too badly at all!

I'm playing at St Andrews this Sunday afternoon in a Charity Veterans tournament so I'll have a word about the pitch then!

If needs be i can get my teams strip for you although it is red.

Thanks for the offer, kits are not a problem though its a (cheap) pitch and players that are the problem!

Thanks for the offer, kits are not a problem though its a (cheap) pitch and players that are the problem!

Wreake have told me the ptich is £35, which is a bit of a fecking con IMO. So its up you chaps as to what you would like to do? If the £65 includes changing rather than the make-shift ones i would provide then maybe thats better?

Alternatively, the pitches at Wreake Valley are pretty much free access anyway, so it could be chanced!! :D

I believe that thje football pitch opposite the Walkers alsways has the goals up, Opposite the Cinema and Bingo also.

Shall we see if your lad can get St Andrews first? I'd imagine the £65 pitch would include changing rooms, but I'll get back to you.

2 things, firstly, i spoke to the chairman today and he thinks we'll be o.k for the 24th. But he's going to check tonight. My youngest lad is training there and his under 15's are playing Notts County So i'll chat to him later and report back the final answer! The other good news is that if we promise to stop for a pint or two afterwards (maybe we could put a bit of grub on as well) we'd probably get it for next to nothing ( but i'm going to hold out for nothing!)

Secondly, one of my coaches (only 25 years young) said he'd play if needed, plus one of my other coaches is only 22 and he'd be up for a game! Let me know if they are needed i'll have a word (as long as they're not taking my place, at my age every minute on the pitch is precious!!)

Last edited:
2 things, firstly, i spoke to the chairman today and he thinks we'll be o.k for the 24th. But he's going to check tonight. My youngest lad is training there and his under 15's are playing Notts County So i'll chat to him later and report back the final answer! The other good news is that if we promise to stop for a pint or two afterwards (maybe we could put a bit of grub on as well) we'd probably get it for next to nothing ( but i'm going to hold out for nothing!)

Secondly, one of my coaches (only 25 years young) said he'd play if needed, plus one of my other coaches is only 22 and he'd be up for a game! Let me know if they are needed i'll have a word (as long as they're not taking my place, at my age every minute on the pitch is precious!!)

Sounds promising Chambo, they were obviously just fobbing me off! Last year it was free and we just all chipped in a couple of quid for the burgers I think and obviously everyone had a couple of drinks in the bar etc.

Sounds promising Chambo, they were obviously just fobbing me off! Last year it was free and we just all chipped in a couple of quid for the burgers I think and obviously everyone had a couple of drinks in the bar etc.

I seem to remember last year we went half's nearly on the profit's (half to your charity and half to the one the club was supporting) and as I was more heavily involved in the club last year I sorted the pitch for free!

However, due to my change of career, i'm not so heavily involved, I still run the under 12's and my youngest plays for the u'11s but I'm still good friends with the chairman so i'll try to get it sorted tonight!

I seem to remember last year we went half's nearly on the profit's (half to your charity and half to the one the club was supporting) and as I was more heavily involved in the club last year I sorted the pitch for free!

However, due to my change of career, i'm not so heavily involved, I still run the under 12's and my youngest plays for the u'11s but I'm still good friends with the chairman so i'll try to get it sorted tonight!

Good on you. We did split the charity money and Im sure the lads would be willing to do that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669