Pre Match Fulham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, FETCH box. It worked pretty well. I remember when we got promoted and how fantastic it was watching all the games. Even in campsites or in the Bush if there's a signal. I remember watching that Man Utd game, on my phone, screaming my head off in a tent, when we came back to beat them 5 - 3. Happy Days!

I just have Optus mobile so get sport through that. It's a good service no doubt but Optus are a terrible company. If we get relegated I'll leave them and give up Optus Sport.

We've got absolutely no bollocks and the fact we've failed to beat either of the two bags of shit we've just played tells me we probably won't win again this season.

We just don't have a killer instinct and when all is said and done we aren't very good.

So many of our players are finished at this level.

We've got absolutely no bollocks and the fact we've failed to beat either of the two bags of shit we've just played tells me we probably won't win again this season.

We just don't have a killer instinct and when all is said and done we aren't very good.

So many of our players are finished at this level.
I think they've shown fight in the last few matches to be fair. I guess it was just too hard fighting for anything whilst Rodgers was here.

I think they've shown fight in the last few matches to be fair. I guess it was just too hard fighting for anything whilst Rodgers was here.
Our version of fight isn't fight enough

"that little bit of quality"

Guess the manager.

Clue : said with a pursing of chaffed lips, a slight squint and merest nod of the head

Last edited:
The more I look at it, the more this feels like the fixture that will determine our survival/relegation.

Fulham have been very fortunate this season. They've overachieved compared to their performances, most obviously thanks to some excellent goalkeeping and shielding midfield work from Palhinha. They are now without their best two attacking players (Mitrovic and Pereira) and seem to find it much more difficult to score.

Fulham have lost 8 of their last 10 matches. They've only won 5 since beating us easily at the start of January and 3 of those wins were against Forest, Everton and Leeds.

The only aim they have left this season is to try to finish higher than Chelsea.

With games against Liverpool and Newcastle to follow, we cannot afford to lose this game. A point isn't disasterous but there really is a win there if we are properly organised and up for it. A win and we should have our fate in our own hands on the final day and the pressure will be off the next two matches. Fail to win and the pressure just cranks up and up.

Famous last words but they don't have a threat from set pieces like Everton so no need to load up tall players for this one. As a result, I'd swap in Mendy for Ndidi. Willian is their best attacking player and comes off the right so who we play at left back is key. Both Thomas and Kristiansen have been terrible recently so it's a tough call. I'd probably go with Kristiansen.

Iversen
Castagne Faes Soyuncu Kristiansen
Tielemans Mendy Soumare
Maddison Vardy Barnes

The more I look at it, the more this feels like the fixture that will determine our survival/relegation.

Fulham have been very fortunate this season. They've overachieved compared to their performances, most obviously thanks to some excellent goalkeeping and shielding midfield work from Palhinha. They are now without their best two attacking players (Mitrovic and Pereira) and seem to find it much more difficult to score.

Fulham have lost 8 of their last 10 matches. They've only won 5 since beating us easily at the start of January and 3 of those wins were against Forest, Everton and Leeds.

The only aim they have left this season is to try to finish higher than Chelsea.

With games against Liverpool and Newcastle to follow, we cannot afford to lose this game. A point isn't disasterous but there really is a win there if we are properly organised and up for it. A win and we should have our fate in our own hands on the final day and the pressure will be off the next two matches. Fail to win and the pressure just cranks up and up.

Famous last words but they don't have a threat from set pieces like Everton so no need to load up tall players for this one. As a result, I'd swap in Mendy for Ndidi. Willian is their best attacking player and comes off the right so who we play at left back is key. Both Thomas and Kristiansen have been terrible recently so it's a tough call. I'd probably go with Kristiansen.

Iversen
Tielemans Mendy Soumare
Maddison Vardy Barnes
We win this.

Iversen
Tielemans Mendy Soumare
Maddison Vardy Barnes
Disagree. Not winning here will be disastrous and will result in relegation

I keep seeing an advert from Fulham that there's still tickets for this.....Can't say I'm surprised having clicked the link, mental numbers

Screenshot_20230507-174247_Facebook.jpg

The more I look at it, the more this feels like the fixture that will determine our survival/relegation
All day I've been thinking - lose it, we go down - draw, we're still in with a chance - win and we'll be staying up.

I think we'll draw and prolong the agony.

Iversen
Tielemans Mendy Soumare
Maddison Vardy Barnes
Problem is we haven't kept a clean sheet since the ****ing middle ages. Teams with less to offer up front than these have managed to score against us at least once. We'll probably need to score at least twice.

Problem is we haven't kept a clean sheet since the ****ing middle ages. Teams with less to offer up front than these have managed to score against us at least once. We'll probably need to score at least twice.
I remember that, amazing goal line clearance in the last minute from a feudal Serf to keep it 0-0 with Wessex Wanderers.

All day I've been thinking - lose it, we go down - draw, we're still in with a chance - win and we'll be staying up.

We do not EVER make it easy!

No matter the result the agony will go right to the wire. The pain of this season will linger longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566