Gareth Mcauley

Status
Not open for further replies.
£1.5million, snap there hands off. Thats good money for a very, very average centre back. From what i've seen of Worley, he is a worthy candidate to fill the void which will be left by McAuley.

Good piece of business :038:

Think he is a good player myself, very capable at championship level and may be able to make the step up in the Prem. But £1.5 million is a good price and we are right to sell manager or not IMO, at league 1 level he can be replaced for much less money.

I will be pissed off if he does go that t shirt cost me a skin diver from the shop. :icon_roll

Think he is a good player myself, very capable at championship level and may be able to make the step up in the Prem. But £1.5 million is a good price and we are right to sell manager or not IMO, at league 1 level he can be replaced for much less money.

I've not seen enough of him at first team level to know, I don't know how anyone else has either.

I read Newts' posts that GMcA will sign for Ipswich for £1.5mill later in the week providing he passes a medical which given he is not injured currently and is not suffering from any long-term injuries, he should pass with flying colours. Newts believes this to be true due to be informed by someone close to GMcA, most likely a family member or even agent. Hardly rocket-science to divulge and I think a few people are being a bit awkward here albeit Newts does like to use his own language from time-to-time.

Whether it is ture or not is another question as you haven't exactly been bang on with all your info in the past have you Newts? :icon_laugh:

£1.5 million for GMcA and I would be laughing but I doubt we would ever get that for him as I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him go.

:038: Some reject that no one likes' Blue Army! :038:

I firmly believe Newt's source read it in the paper.

£1.5 million for GMcA and I would be laughing but I doubt we would ever get that for him as I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him go.

i can't see us getting that much for him either, unless it is dependent on Champions League games played

I'd be disappointed to lose him - one of our very few, decent players last season.

i can't see us getting that much for him either, unless it is dependent on Champions League games played

That's uncanny Fitz, I was going to say the exact same thing or plays for England but didn't want to be too harsh on Newts.

Now someones started................... :icon_lol:

I'd be disappointed to lose him - one of our very few, decent players last season.

Which is the precise reason he will be not playing for us next season.

Didn't think he was that good though as he and Kisnorbo got caught out for pace too often IMO.

Which is the precise reason he will be not playing for us next season.

Didn't think he was that good though as he and Kisnorbo got caught out for pace too often IMO.
I thought more often than not he was a f**king liability.

When he was good he was OK, when he was bad he was 'orrid.

I thought more often than not he was a f**king liability.

When he was good he was OK, when he was bad he was 'orrid.

i think it was charlton where he tried kneeing the ball back to Chris Iwelewelumo for some bizarre feckin reason, don't rate him to be honest

Exactly, and to get that much for him we should snap their hands off. No way ever good enough to play in the Prem but a solid CCC player. £1.5 million should be able to go a long way in L1 and we don't need a massive influx of players again so would be extremely happy with that but I doubt we would even get as much as half of that up front.

Last edited:
i think it was charlton where he tried kneeing the ball back to Chris Iwelewelumo for some bizarre feckin reason, don't rate him to be honest

Not the greatest ever player admittedly but he kept an ex-international out of the first team. Who do you think we can get who's better to replace him?

Not the greatest ever player admittedly but he kept an ex-international out of the first team. Who do you think we can get who's better to replace him?

I hope you're not referring to Bruno 'Did he really play for France?' N'Gotty? :102:

We don't need anyone better, we're now in division 3.

I think Gareth McAuley is a good player actually and I am sure one no prospective manager would want to lose from the squad. He and Kisnorbo were the best central defensive partnership in the CCC last season IMO. Ipswich have a decent player who at that club I think will improve to be an excellent player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669