Gas Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Hi guys and gals,

Just a quick question - I live in a one bedroom flat with gas central heating and gas hobs. There are four radiators only, one in each room (kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom)

My gas bill has finally arrived and for the period 25th June 2008 until 16th January 2009 the bill was £362.77

Is this too much??? I've never had a bill that size before so am a bit pissed off really!

Please help!

Hi guys and gals,

Just a quick question - I live in a one bedroom flat with gas central heating and gas hobs. There are four radiators only, one in each room (kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom)

My gas bill has finally arrived and for the period 25th June 2008 until 16th January 2009 the bill was £362.77

Is this too much??? I've never had a bill that size before so am a bit pissed off really!

Please help!

It doesn't sound outrageously expensive, considering the increases in the past year. Have you checked whether it is an estimated bill or if a reading was taken?

Cheers Boc,
It's actual readings that I gave them. The thing is, I gave them the starting reading (that I took with the landlord when we moved in) which was 6422 and on the bill is starts at 6381. I said to the woman that I wasn't very happy paying for an extra 41 units and she said they won't change it because it's only a few pounds.

Was she talking BOLLOCKS?

Cheers Boc,
It's actual readings that I gave them. The thing is, I gave them the starting reading (that I took with the landlord when we moved in) which was 6422 and on the bill is starts at 6381. I said to the woman that I wasn't very happy paying for an extra 41 units and she said they won't change it because it's only a few pounds.

Do you have it in writing from your landlord the opening reading for the gas meter? I know when I was renting I had a formal document when I moved in which gave the readings. Legally I dont think they can refuse to change it, as you would be paying for someone elses gas, especially if you have it in writing

Got mine today for last quarter £298 plus electric £195 . Happy days.

Last edited:
We live in a 3 bed semi. Only me and the wife. Gas £196, electric £75. Monthly DD going up to £81 per month. . Admittedly I am £45 in debit (after my bill on wednesday) but nearly a grand a year is a bit excessive. Will be calling them on monday to see what we can sort out.

Cheers Boc,

This is something that you need to sort out with your landlord. Clearly somebody has got to pay for those 41 units but it's not fair that it should be you. If you have anything in writing from your landlord about that initial reading, send a copy to your gas supplier and ask them for an amended account. They might wriggle but in the end, they will have to send you it.

For future reference, you should always make sure when moving into new accommodation that you inform your gas/electricity/water supplier of the date and the current meter reading. They can then chase the previous resident for monies due up to that date.

Similarly when you are leaving, give the supplier notice so that they can make arrangements to read the meter on your final day. If the meter is not read on your final day (and you have given proper notice) read the meter yourself and send the reading to your supplier. If you do not give proper notice (as described in your agreement with the supplier) you may be responsible for payment for amounts used after you leave.

Seems okay for 6 months Joe_

Hi guys and gals,

Please help!
Have you tried contacting the gas supplier and asking if it's correct?

Let me know when you need some advice on turning on the light.

my bill for last month arrived and despite me being here hardly any time at all during December with xmas etc it was £130, so that seems quite reasonable for 6 month....

I really don't think we should patronise these ****ing ridiculously moronic threads, but seeing as I'm a bit wobbly....360 ****ing pound for six ****ing months is for ****all, what ****ing planet does Joe_ live on? You have a cheap ****off gas bill and you're moaning on an internet forum about it to people who have expensive energy bills to worry about, hows about **** right off you mangy Arab?
Seriously, welcome to the ****ing real world for ****sake.

....and, breeeeeeath and relax, exhale naturally. Now, doesn't that feel better to get it off your chest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46