Gas fitter wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

Anyone know of a cheap (but careful!) gas fitter type who would fit a gas hob to a gas pipe for me?

Any idea how much I would need to pay?

Ta.

I have a mate whos a gas fitter he lives in sileby though,i could ask for ya,or i could give you his number :icon_wink

If you could ask him and send me a PM that would be great!

I think it might be too small a job to come over from Sileby though!

Anyone know of a cheap (but careful!) gas fitter type who would fit a gas hob to a gas pipe for me?

You don't need a gas fitter to connect two ends of hose man. Just connect it up, then just splash a bit of washing up water on the joints. If it doesn't bubble up, you're grand. If it bubbles, it's leaking.
Then you need a gas fitter.

You don't need a gas fitter to connect two ends of hose man.

Hobs don't have hoses. They must be connected by rigid piping with a cut-off valve.

I was with Macky the other day and we saw a sign in the newsagents window that read "Tree fellers wanted"

Any idea how much I would need to pay?

Ta.

I know a guy called Vlad, Polish guy, calls himself the Handy Man. He can do all sorts, building work, electrical, gas, he will even mow the lawn for you. Cheap and cheerful.

They ****in do when I install them

They are not supplied with a hose in the UK and it would be illegal to install one with a hose if they are to be fitted over an oven or other heat source.

They are not supplied with a hose in the UK and it would be illegal to install one with a hose if they are to be fitted over an oven or other heat source.

Not a bother, I've got some old hose in the yard somewhere, I'll just use that.
Obviously I'll tie it up so that it doesn't touch off the oven. I'm not stupid.

I know I should really ask a 'proper' person Bob, but......... :icon_wink

My hob will be installed over a normal drawer unit - the oven is elsewhere in the kitchen. Do the regulations allow a hose under those circumstances?

I know I should really ask a 'proper' person Bob, but......... :icon_wink

My hob will be installed over a normal drawer unit - the oven is elsewhere in the kitchen. Do the regulations allow a hose under those circumstances?

Your GasSafe Registered gas fitter will be able to tell you what's allowed and what's not.

Anything not done by a registered fitter is illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35