Gas fitter wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything not done by a registered fitter is illegal.

I won't argue with you because I am ignorant of the facts, but I'm sure the regulations make mention of a 'competent' person rather than a registered gas fitter.

I know I should really ask a 'proper' person Bob, but......... :icon_wink

My hob will be installed over a normal drawer unit - the oven is elsewhere in the kitchen. Do the regulations allow a hose under those circumstances?

It looks as though they do but it is not recommended. Hoses are for appliances that can be moved; others should be solid piped.

I don't think it will be as expensive as you might be thinking. Now that you have a list of Gas Safe fitters you can ring a few, tell them the job and how far it is away from the supply; they should be able to give you a price before you even invite them to your house.

I bet the people at the Hare Krishna temple thought their gas was being handled by a competent person.

It was a big feckin calor gas cannister in the kitchen which somebody unclipped and didnt turn off.

My mate in Fleckney (ex-Oadby) is a plumber who I think was certified for gas installation. His company used to be called All Plumbed but I can't find it online. Don't know if he's changed it or what. I should see him next week as I'll be back town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35