Geordies v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news for Monday. They have a few players struggling and it looks Like Steve Howard will be back sooner than expected. With their dodgy defence I can see us coming away with a hard fought 2-1 victory.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/S...ness-race/article-1291163-detail/article.html

Steve Howard winning fitness race
Friday, August 28, 2009, 08:00
Comment on this story

Steve Howard is winning his race to be fit for Monday night's clash with his hometown club Newcastle United.

It was feared the Leicester City striker would be out for several weeks after he limped off with a hamstring injury at Sheffield United last week.

However, Howard has returned to training and is hopeful of lining up against the club he supported as a boy.

Durham-born Howard was a season-ticket holder at Newcastle until his football career took off at Tow Law Town and then Hartlepool United, and the former roofer is looking forward to making only his second appearance at St James' Park.

"I am hoping I will be back and involved in some way on Monday," he said.

"I tweaked my hamstring at Sheffield United but the physio team have worked incredibly hard on it, and it is coming on really well.

"I am back training and I had a really tough session yesterday morning. I was running at full pelt. I was shattered afterwards.

"I am happy with how my recovery is going and I am hoping I will be involved."

Weale

Neilson
Hobbs
Brown
Berner

N'Guessan
Oakley
Wellens
Adams

Fryatt
Howard

s. lots including Gallybabby and Tuncheypants, but not Dickov as he will be a Derby player...

Doubt Howard is fit enough to start, sadly

Gallagher and Fryup to start - Big Steve to come on in the second half and replace whoever is the most shite

2-0 to the dirty norvern bastids

"I was running at full pelt. I was shattered afterwards."

... but not overtaking the Physio jogging alongside!

I think Pearson will select the following team:

Weale

Neilson
Hobbs
Brown
Berner

Oakley
Wellens
King
Adams

Fryatt
Gallagher

Subs
Logan
Morrison
Tunchev
Gradel
Dyer
Howard
Kermogant

I don't think King will be anywhere near the starting eleven. Is there something wrong with N'Guessen? I know he didn't play well on Tuesday but I doubt he'd be dropped from the entire matchday squad. Is there scope to play Dyer on the left and Adams on the right?

I think Pearson will select the following team:

Weale

Neilson
Hobbs
Brown
Berner

Oakley
Wellens
King
Adams

Fryatt
Gallagher

Subs
Logan
Morrison
Tunchev
Gradel
Dyer
Howard
Kermogant

No N'Guessen?

We have had two hard away games so far, but this one will be even tougher. If super Steve is back then i think we could get a result, if not I think the Geordies will win.

Adams is a "must" to start hope big Steve is fit NP could play King in the middle if hes happy with a point , personally i wouldnt break up Oakley/Wellens partnership.
We are well capable of winning this id go 0-2 Fryatt Howard, ID TAKE A DRAW THOUGH

Amoebi, Butt and Barton are all expected to be fit for them and Taylor at the heart of their defence. Ain't gonna be easy but with Howard back and a strong bench for us I predict 1-0! Their first defeat this season!!!

3-0 to them. I just can't see us winning this one TBH, they've looked very good this season unfortunately.

3-0 to them. I just can't see us winning this one TBH, they've looked very good this season unfortunately.

Ia gree with you re they have looked good this season, but to be fair our defence has also looked okay with Brown and Hobbs at the back! We have only conceded two one of which was a thunder buster at Sheff Utd.

Don't think they will get three?

Amoebi, Butt and Barton are all expected to be fit for them and Taylor at the heart of their defence. Ain't gonna be easy but with Howard back and a strong bench for us I predict 1-0! Their first defeat this season!!!

Doesn't look good for Ameobi!!

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1780432,00.html

SHOLA Ameobi and Jonas Gutierrez are major doubts for Monday night's Bank Holiday clash with Leicester City after picking up injuries during the midweek Carling Cup win over Huddersfield Town.

The pair helped to swing the game in United's favour against The Terriers as, coming from the bench, they were instrumental in seeing the Magpies reverse a two-goal deficit to claim a dramatic 4-3 victory.

Ameobi, who won and scored a penalty before laying on the fourth and decisive goal for Kevin Nolan, suffered a foot injury in the closing stages while Gutierrez picked up a hamstring problem.

And boss Chris Hughton gave nufcTV the latest on Friday morning: "Shola has a stress injury to the bone in his foot and will be assessed today.

Article continues>>

"But he looks very doubtful for Monday night.

"That's a big blow for us because he's had a wonderful start to the season.

"But we will see where we stand today."

He added: "Jonas, too, is doubtful for Monday.

"He has a slight hamstring problem and will be assessed today.

"It's always the norm after a game to allow a couple of days for injuries to settle down so we'll have a better idea regarding Shola and Jonas later today."

Close game, I'll have the draw.

I've yet to see anyone give their defence a good working over. Taylor is over-rated and alongside they have Coco the Clown. At left back, they have a Spanish fella who can't defend. When we get the ball (which given their quality midfield will not be many times), then we've really got to put them under pressure. If I was a striker, I'd be relishing the opportunity to make that Argentina fool an idiot again.

I think we've got the best day of the season to play them on.

They could very well lose some players over the weekend, and have a few gaps in the team, especially with injuries as well.

Hard to say what will happen... if they don't lose players I think we'll suffer a narrow defeat. Lose a couple (especially if Ameobi and Jonas are out) then I think we could at least get a draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669