George Burley Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGhee. But I bet someone will start a "Pearson and Milan rift" rumour to coincide with the job being available.

I reckon they will get either Walter Smith or Ally McCoist - I know Walter left the job to go to Rangers but as things are there financially, I reckon he could be tempted to go back.

I reckon they will get either Walter Smith or Ally McCoist - I know Walter left the job to go to Rangers but as things are there financially, I reckon he could be tempted to go back.

whatever the situation at Rangers in this day and age it will probably still be more tempting than international management. Sad but true.

If it is Levein I'm sure the Jocks will enjoy their all-out-defence hoof ball style. I think I hate Levein as much as I do Taylor, god that side was excruciating to watch.

Last edited:
If it is Levein I'm sure the Jocks will enjoy their all-out-defence hoof ball style. I think I hate Levein as much as I do Taylor, god that side was excruciating to watch.

Sorry cannot agree with you there, the football under Levein was pretty dire but he was nowhere near the disaster that was Peter Taylor. Levein came in with the job of drastically reducing the wage bill and overhauling the club, this had to be done under some pretty tight budgetry constraints and at a club where expectation and ambition were still very high. Ambition and expectation did not match reality.

Levein deserves a lot of credit for the way he has rebuilt his career after his reputation was left in tatters. It proves he is a very talented manager. I am certain that had Levein had the same financial backing that Pearson has enjoyed he would have delivered similar success. They seem very similar in their approach to the game and their belief in developing young players. The only difference I can see is that whilst Levein's budget restricted him to signing the likes of Hammond, Hughes, McCarthy etc Pearson has been able to use his budget to attract players of the calibre of Hobbs, Tunchev, Cleverley, Wellens, Gallagher, Waghorn which has made a big difference over the last couple of seasons.

Sorry cannot agree with you there, the football under Levein was pretty dire but he was nowhere near the disaster that was Peter Taylor. Levein came in with the job of drastically reducing the wage bill and overhauling the club, this had to be done under some pretty tight budgetry constraints and at a club where expectation and ambition were still very high. Ambition and expectation did not match reality.

Levein deserves a lot of credit for the way he has rebuilt his career after his reputation was left in tatters. It proves he is a very talented manager. I am certain that had Levein had the same financial backing that Pearson has enjoyed he would have delivered similar success. They seem very similar in their approach to the game and their belief in developing young players. The only difference I can see is that whilst Levein's budget restricted him to signing the likes of Hammond, Hughes, McCarthy etc Pearson has been able to use his budget to attract players of the calibre of Hobbs, Tunchev, Cleverley, Wellens, Gallagher, Waghorn which has made a big difference over the last couple of seasons.

Levein also brought in the likes of Douglas, De vries and Maybury on wages far higher than the likes of Tunchev, Wellens and Gallagher for instance.

Levein biggest problem here was he didn't know the league or the players.

Levein was a shit manager for us and the fact that he has gone back and been relatively successful in Scotland only supports the notion that it is a weaker league than the Championship IMO. Will Levein get them to qualify for any major tournaments? I wouldn't have thought so. I think if they want to build for the future Darren Ferguson would be their best bet out of all the names I've seen thrown about...

Levein also brought in the likes of Douglas, De vries and Maybury on wages far higher than the likes of Tunchev, Wellens and Gallagher for instance.

Levein biggest problem here was he didn't know the league or the players.

Matter of interest Durham do you have any connection with the City of the same name? How about their football team in the Unibond Premier League cos they have some record going this season they have lost their last two games 11-0 away and 7-0 at home. They have let in a total of 95 goals this season in 18 games and have a goal difference of -85!!! Looks like at that rate they could let in over 200 by the end of the season. Anyone know a worst team in a particular League. Out of their depth me thinks after last season being Champions of Unibond League Division One North.

Last edited:
Matter of interest Durham do you have any connection with the City of the same name? How about their football team in the Unibond Premier League cos they have some record going this season they have lost their last two games 11-0 away and 7-0 at home. They have let in a total of 95 goals this season in 18 games and have a goal difference of -85!!! Looks like at that rate they could let in over 200 by the end of the season. Anyone know a worst team in a particular League. Out of their depth me thinks after last season being Champions of Unibond League Division One North.

Brodsworth Welfare in the NCEL Premier are having an amazing season, as I'm sure Clee will tell you. One point from sixteen games.

Brodsworth Welfare in the NCEL Premier are having an amazing season, as I'm sure Clee will tell you. One point from sixteen games.

They are nearer to me in South Yorkshire than Clee. In fact quite a few teams in that league are near me and one of them Dinnington I've seen them play a couple of times as they are only 5 miles away.

They are nearer to me in South Yorkshire than Clee. In fact quite a few teams in that league are near me and one of them Dinnington I've seen them play a couple of times as they are only 5 miles away.

I only mentioned him because he's a NCEL fan. You should see the list of games he's been to this season, he makes me look perfectly normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566