Gerrbrand leaves City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck Paddy, top marks to him and the club for helping a player realise his wishes instead of tieing him into a contract.

Couple of 100k down the swanny.

good luck to him. life moves on and unfortunately he will be a footnote in City's history as a member of the side during of the worst runs ever.

It's a shame he didn't want to stay and fight for a place in the team but good luck to him anyway

newtonfox said:
say a undisclosed fee on the os :tumbleweed:

That could mean anything! Well we must have made a loss on him as he didn't play that much anyway! Another flop!

When we signed him some hammerby fan was reporting what their local papers were saying... he said it was 200-330k!!!!

Not that fussed, looked accomplished on the ball and very calm and collected in possesion but was like a rabbit stuck in the headlights when dealing with the long high balls that are the bread and butter of defending. Was not suited to the physical side of the game in England.

IMO Kelly has identified Kenton as a player who can come in and be a direct replacement for Kisnorbo and I think will turn out to be a very good buy, whilst McAuley adds some much needed height and physical presence.

We had too many players called Patrick, that was the real problem. Oh and he couldn't defend either!

i thought he played well up until the southampton match, in fact i seem to remember on here some of you were speculating that he was linked with premiership sides :102:

As a minimum we should have a decent sell-on clause in return for letting him go for nothing, if not then we are more naive in the transfer market than i thought.

Lboro fox said:
As a minimum we should have a decent sell-on clause in return for letting him go for nothing, if not then we are more naive in the transfer market than i thought.

He's only worth what clubs are prepared to pay for him, in our case too much!

Huge potential - for a game or 6 I thought he could be the new Pontus - but silly mistakes seemed to dent his (and more importantly, RK's) confidence. I understood that he'd cost about £500k, and looked worth it for two-thirds of last season. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669