Get It Into Your Thick Neanderthal Bone Heads

Status
Not open for further replies.
and who would have thought that sheffield wednesday and manchester city would get relegated to the old division3,who would have thought that forest and derby would have been in a relegation battle last seaon,who would have thought leicester nearly getting relegated 14 years ago. not to big to go down,you see. this team is really struggling and its all down to the manager,can he turn it around ,well i have seen no evidence.and your say there is no alternative manager,well all i say there is a big world out there with managers a plenty and with a tactical brain.

Blowski Blue, I'm not quite as far up Micky's arse as you suggest. I have many reservations about his approach. I don't like hoofball. But I don't like packed defences either (interesting that no one here has mentioned the mind numbing tactics of the opposition when they come to town).

I'll express my position in simple terms. Under Micky I still think we have a slightly better than evens chance of going up. Under a new manager we would still have a chance but it would be less than evens.

Why? Because it would depend on who it is. The chances are we could be lumbered with another TAYLOR.

Fancy that anyone?

Chandler said:
Fair post, Mr Jackson. As I stated in an earlier post (on Homer's 'Dark Thoughts' thread) I went to the home game against Spurs in 2001 wanting us to lose to get Taylor out before the end of that season. Leicester won, he stayed, we went down.

No, I don't believe in giving every manager the benefit of the doubt. You have got to look at their track record, particularly with your own club. Perhaps also it's also worth looking at other qualities (particularly motivational powers) to see if they are still evident and, if they are not, to find out why.

More importantly you've got to look at realistic alternatives, what quality is really available out there. That's what I've been trying to get through to the FICKLE BONEHEADS.

Most importantly of all you've got to assess how desperate your situation is. We are in mid table, not brilliant but hardly catastrophic (the way the FICKLE BONEHEADS go on you'd think we were worse off than Rotherham). But recent form over the last 5 games has been promotion form (for that is what an average of 2 points per game is).

If we start sliding into the nether regions of the table after 20 games then the FICKLE BONEHEADS may have a point. But, interestingly, not one of them has expressed the view that this will happen (although, of course, it could).

That should be Dr if I'm going to be picky :)

I can see both sides to this argument. Here is a perspective:

We clearly have a squad of players that should be in the top two or three in the division (quality and wage wise). MA is currently not motivating the players, playing crap football and losing the fans. If anyone were to take over they would not need to spend in my opinion - just motivate and be good tactically with what we've got. I think MA with this team in 2002-2003 would be performing just as well as last time.

Everyone needs to get behind the team for us to have a chance of promotion (players, management and fans). Is this possible now with MA at the helm?

SamJ

who are these alternatives then dude?

im not trying to wind people up here, i.e chandler, I am simply just trying to figure out what peoples views and suggestions are

yes i have mentioned why the opposition pack there defences,it comes down to tactics .the opposition pack there defences because they no leicester play direct and lack width to break them down,causing the opposition to counter attack . its connolly i feel sorry for ,his confidence must be shattered the way we play.

No, Slyfox, you are not getting away with that. Most teams pack their defences when going away from home these days, even in the Prem (just look at the goal aggregate for the season so far).

The reason why we have little (rather than no) width is that the players picked in those positions invariably have shown little form when called upon (Stewart, Wilcox, Gillespie, Scowcroft).

The tactics deployed by Micky are pretty typical of successful lower league managers. It's all about turning sows ears into silk purses. But all this talk about hoofball is not as clear cut as some of you make out - we play a lot of neat football in spells in most games, particularly when we are on the road (I won't mention last season either, that's a little too far back for most of you to remember).

Curiously, most of the talk about hoofball surfaces just after we have failed to win a game.

yes we do play nice football in patches,yet the movement is very poor,which in 75% of the moves ends up breaking down,causing the players to hit hopefull balls.you say iam wrong about why teams pack there defences,well i still think your wrong.the opposition will have done there homework on us and realise we have no pace down the flanks,they will also no balls played directly at us is not going to help connolly,who likes running on to passes.this is why there is so much unrest down the walkers,the players who have bags of experience,show a disturbing lack of no how on the pitch.now wether thats down to them or mickey,the fans will make there judgement,and i think you know which side of the fence iam sitting.

ASAP

You make some good points chandler and I am glad to see that even you agree that adams may not get us back up. but most of us here feel very strongly that ma will not get us promoted and we want to go back up.

If a replacment is to be found for adams, the new manager needs to be found quickly or we will be to many points behind and it will be impossable for for a new manager to sort out the problems and get us promoted. and if we aint going to get promoted then is any valid reason to get rid of ma?

If the decision is left to the 20th game before ma is assesed for replacment, It is going to take time for a new manager to settle in, we will be to far behind to catch up and we will be doomed to this division for a long time

That is why so many of us Boneheads want action now,

Chandler said:
If all your carping and moaning is simply a ploy to pressure Adams and the boys to get results all I can say is is that it is a high risk strategy. Firstly because it might drive confidence lower, secondly because it might drive Adams out (something that most of you want anyway).

Nobody with any clout will want to manage a club that will pay between a 1/2 to a 1/3 of a Premiership salary. Nobody with any clout will want to manage a club with zilch to spend on players. And nobody with any clout will want to manage a club with fans like you FICKLE BONEHEADS.

If Micky stays and we do get promotion I will never stop reminding you BONEHEADS about your vile posts on this forum (because as Neanderthals you will surely have forgotten that you ever took your 'hero's' name in vain).

And, by the same token, if we bring in some hyped up lower league / conference / reformed alcoholic crapster that gets us relegated I will post so much sh*t after your scribblings that you won't EVER come back.

Got that 'Lako' 'Step' 'Bazzer' ?

So your rules for the posters on this forum seem to be as follows:

1.Put up with what you get on the park, dire, crap, inept or shite as the case maybe, and no whingeing please.
2. Have a blind faith in your manager because he's in authority and he must know what he's doing he's a boss man.
3. Believe everything you read on the LCFC website, they always tell the truth they are journalists
4. Trust the players to get it right before the end of the season for so far they have just been practising and learning how to gel together.
5. You are only allowed to shout approval at everything that happens on the pitch, every substitution, missed pass and own goal is all part of a major strategy that you would'nt understand anyway.
6. Finally because you don't agree with my superb grasp of the game, my incredible inights into football management, my personal links with the Board and my uncanny premonitions of the future, you are boneheads.
7 And because you change your mind as things get worse rather than better you are fickle as well.
8. And it only costs $1000 membership of the Chandler Church of Football Righteousness, cash only.

Can't argue with most of that Bazzer (except you've left a zero out of the church membership bit). I would like to add a couple of commandments of my own:

9. Remember that a change in manager will, more often than not, make a bad situation disastrous.
10. Go to games, sing your hearts out, first half and second, EVEN WHEN WE'RE LOSING.

er and one little quibble: the stats show most managers don't need to be bedded in. Usually they start like a house on fire - and then the fire brigade arrives.

Chandler said:
No, Slyfox, you are not getting away with that. Most teams pack their defences when going away from home these days, even in the Prem (just look at the goal aggregate for the season so far).

The reason why we have little (rather than no) width is that the players picked in those positions invariably have shown little form when called upon (Stewart, Wilcox, Gillespie, Scowcroft).

The tactics deployed by Micky are pretty typical of successful lower league managers. It's all about turning sows ears into silk purses. But all this talk about hoofball is not as clear cut as some of you make out - we play a lot of neat football in spells in most games, particularly when we are on the road (I won't mention last season either, that's a little too far back for most of you to remember).

Curiously, most of the talk about hoofball surfaces just after we have failed to win a game.

****ing hell, i think thats 2 sensible posts in row, chandler have you turned over a new leaf?

No need to patronise me children. All my posts are sensible. I think with my head not with my dick. My recent posts were gentler to you because I have succeeded in dousing the flames of revolution over the last few days.

I believe in being merciful in victory. But should you lot break the uneasy truce and get up to your ridiculous antics again, I will have no hesitation in flaying the skin off your miserable backs (metaphorically of course).

So watch it!

Chandler said:
No need to patronise me children. All my posts are sensible. I think with my head not with my dick. My recent posts were gentler to you because I have succeeded in dousing the flames of revolution over the last few days.

I believe in being merciful in victory. But should you lot break the uneasy truce and get up to your ridiculous antics again, I will have no hesitation in flaying the skin off your miserable backs (metaphorically of course).

So watch it!

What revolution was this then?
If anyone is going to start and indeed complete the 360 degrees required for a revolution then it's me.

There will be one soon, but not just yet. Anyone got a spare wheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566