Gilbert Wins First MotM Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheffield_fox

Leicester City 1-1 Stockport County
3 March 2009

City goalscorer Kerrea Gilbert won his first man of the match award of the season after helping Leicester continue their unbeaten run in the 1-1 draw at home to Stockport on Tuesday night. Gilbert's deflected goal saw him finish top in a match that was devoid of any standout performances although respectable performances from City's 5th goalie of the season David Stockdale and regular high flyer Jack Hobbs saw them finish second and third respectively.

Steve Howard's run of good ratings came to an abrupt end after being voted the worst player on the pitch against the Hatters. Lloyd Dyer once again failed to impress finishing just ahead of Howard while Swiss utility man Bruno Berner rounded off the bottom three with a sub-par performance.

Full results below:

Player Awards:

Man of the Match: Kerrea Gilbert – 6.79

Flop of the Match: Steve Howard – 4.68

Best Goalkeeper / Defender: Kerrea Gilbert – 6.79
Best Midfielder: Matt Oakley – 5.51
Best Striker: Matty Fryatt – 5.78

Full Ratings:

1. Kerrea Gilbert – 6.79
2. David Stockdale – 6.43
3. Jack Hobbs – 6.22
4. Michael Morrison – 6.00
5. Barry Hayles – 5.91
6. Joe Mattock – 5.81
7. Matty Fryatt – 5.78
8. Matt Oakley – 5.51
9. Tom Cleverley – 5.30
10. Andy King – 5.22
11. Bruno Berner – 4.94
12. Lloyd Dyer – 4.90
13. Steve Howard – 4.68

Voter Awards:

Top/Fairest Voters:
Fox58 / davieG

Most Generous Voter:
1st – Matt Gamble – 7.00
2nd – Manxfox – 6.77
3rd – Gav / clazkel – 6.62

Harshest Voter:
1st – Simon Richards – 3.85
2nd – siouxsie – 4.38
3rd – harbfox – 4.54

(Anonymous voters are not included in the voter awards)

Total Votes: 81 - thanks to everyone who voted.

Just another quick note to say beaumontfox was one single rating too high to win a 'Fairest Voter' award. Thought it was worth a mention.

Just another quick note to say beaumontfox was one single rating too high to win a 'Fairest Voter' award. Thought it was worth a mention.

I suggest you do a re-count in that case....:icon_bigg

What is the fairest voter, how is it calculated?

I think my votes reflect the fact that I was cold, wet and had had a shit day! Even the turnstile guy commented on the state of my "drowned rat look" hair when I arrived.

What??:icon_eek: There must be some mistake!!

I demand a recount as well! I take pride in being in the top three harshest voters you know.......I mean, you'd think I actually WANT them to put in medicore performances every week....:icon_roll

I can only assume that on average the voters were giving them around the 5-6 mark in that case.

Maybe I was more pleased to see them play better than they did satdee and let my relief at a lightly better showing influence my voting......then again having Gilbert as first goal scorer on our betting sheet might've helped as well!

Though I have to say I don't understand that fairest voting malarky even when you've explained it! Seeing as I think I vote fairly every time :p

Last edited:
Closest to the mean average vote

So the fairest voter actually is a statistical mean. It is not necessarily 'fair'.

It is almost certain that whilst many of us have had our blue tinted glasses on, Beaumont Fox has actually given the 'fairest' votes (fair = what the player deserved) and been castigated for being harsh!

Well I don't think I've been at all harsh:icon_razz

Do you really think I've been 'castigated' though?:icon_eek: Yeah it does seem at times like I'm repeating meself on here cos they aren't playing 'all out' imo, just doing what is needed to get the job done, so I'm rating them as merely average, but I don't think I've been slated that much, not that i've noticed on here anyhoo.

So the fairest voter actually is a statistical mean. It is not necessarily 'fair'.

Possibly, you'd have to ask Sheff. I'd meant to suffix my post with a question mark.

Beaumont Fox has actually given the 'fairest' votes (fair = what the player deserved) and been castigated for being harsh!

When has she ever been 'castigated'? If anything, she's been congratulated for being realistic with her marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669