Gillespie last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrowfox

I'm sure that like me you're all reeling from last night's shocking result. One of the most stunning things I found though was how well Gillespie was playing for his national team. Can't remember him playing with that much passion, commitment and quality in a blue shirt.

He was playing for his country against a team full of world stars on national TV.

His talent has never been in question, it's his application and motivation that seemed to have disappeared. If he couldn't 'get himself up' for that game he might as well jack it in.

He didnt do that silly moaning act he normally does.

It made me laugh when Motson goes Gillespie's got a 'new lease of life'.

Motson was a pilchard last night, rather nobbish to NI fans, 'oh, was that a save from Taylor, if it was well done.' As if he was a goalkeeper with no arms.

Hazzman said:
He didnt do that silly moaning act he normally does.

It made me laugh when Motson goes Gillespie's got a 'new lease of life'.

Motson was a pilchard last night, rather nobbish to NI fans, 'oh, was that a save from Taylor, if it was well done.' As if he was a goalkeeper with no arms.

How dare you call Motty a pilchard, go and stand in the corner and think about what you have said. Did you see it was a save in real time? Twatter, behave.

Motty was being a tosser last night.

As for Ian Wright - someone get that man a dummy. Why the bbc employ that prick is beyond me.

harrowfox said:
Motty was being a tosser last night.

As for Ian Wright - someone get that man a dummy. Why the bbc employ that prick is beyond me.

Right, you in the corner too...How dare you.

I happened to bump in to the aformentioned commentator in a hotel reception in Newcastle a couple of years a go and can confirm he is a complete tw*t.

DurhamFox said:
He was playing for his country against a team full of world stars on national TV.

His talent has never been in question, it's his application and motivation that seemed to have disappeared. If he couldn't 'get himself up' for that game he might as well jack it in.

Plus he'd probably took the 14/1 on offer about our N.Ireland win..

DurhamFox said:
I happened to bump in to the aformentioned commentator in a hotel reception in Newcastle a couple of years a go and can confirm he is a complete tw*t.

Will you all please stop slagging off Motty? He's a bloody brilliant man.

alex said:
Will you all please stop slagging off Motty? He's a bloody brilliant man.

Normally, yes. But last night I think the emotion got to him a bit and he lost the plot.

I still hate Wright though. Cock.

harrowfox said:
Normally, yes. But last night I think the emotion got to him a bit and he lost the plot.

I still hate Wright though. Cock.

To me Motty is quintessentially brilliant, when he loses the plot it's because he genuinely cares...There were a few corkers from him last night, the 'well, i'm speechless Graeme, what can you say?' was excellent.

Le Saux on the other hand is a knight of the purple helmet circle and a twonk.

alex said:
To me Motty is quintessentially brilliant, when he loses the plot it's because he genuinely cares...There were a few corkers from him last night, the 'well, i'm speechless Graeme, what can you say?' was excellent.

Le Saux on the other hand is a knight of the purple helmet circle and a twonk.

Don't get me started on Le Saux. I lost count of the times he started is sentences 'When I...'

It was like listening to Uncle Albert crossed with a rent boy.

Le Saux is a turd, but Wrighty and Motty are great!

I think Ian Wright is one of the best football pundits around! :)

highland fox said:
You can't beat John Barnes on C5 for Shite Presenting IMO.

Crap presenting 'dream' team:

In the studio - John Barnes, Peter Schmeichel (sp), Bryan Robson and Trevor Brooking

Commentary by Jonathan Pearce with professional insights by Peter Taylor

Pleat got to be in there somewhere,if only to give guidance to the Venues Red Light Districts

Graz said:
Le Saux is a turd, but Wrighty and Motty are great!

I think Ian Wright is one of the best football pundits around! :)

Too right: Ian Wright is a legend and definitely one of the best football pundits around. He just says it like it is and talks like a real fan would with passion and enthusiasm. Ian Dowie on the other hand....how much further did he want to crawl up Wrighty's arse...rattling on about Shaun Wright Phillips and how he shouldnt have been taken off and stuff....!

Ian Wright for the next England Manager! hahahaha

I don't mind motty or wright, and i agree with highland about John barnes he is shocking!

Back to the gillespie thing, personally i still thought he was shite-he didn't dare take a man on and the majority of the time his deliverys were piss poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566