Glastonbury Headline Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody's idea of a joke, surely :?: :eek: :eek: :? :? :? :-( :-( :-(

it's nice to see the stone roses rumour gathering speed though.

although i think NME's report should be taken with a pinch of salt. i read an interview with john squire in an irish newspaper yesterday and he said that they will reform after his forthcoming new solo album. but as yet Ian Brown is still not on board, i'd be surprised if he doesn't want to be involved even though his differences with squires is well publicised, the roses reforming would be worth millions to them all.

I don't believe the quote by emily eavis, Stone Roses would be the best headline band they've had in years, and were supposed to have been offered a huge ammount only a couple of years back to do glastonbury.

I was given the Celine Dion story from a mate. After an hour he sent me the infamous link and also told me that IT'S ALL LIES :lol: :lol: (don't know where he heard though)

Very nicely set-up though.

I belived it for long enough....... :smt087 8)

i love Radiohead but Basement Jaxx are really good live. the best dance act to play live, even better than faithless. so there :p

What a shame I couldn't go this year (snigger) :

Wading%20-%20Robin.jpg

Lightning and torrential rain delayed the start of the Glastonbury Festival in Somerset, with flooding hitting parts of the site.
The first band was due on at 1030 BST, but all stages closed because of power cuts and safety fears. Stages are now reopening across the site.

Some 100,000 fans are on site to see acts including the White Stripes.

The BBC's Ian Youngs said spirits remained high, and medics had dealt with 19 injuries - the same as in 2004.

"Streams running through the site have burst their banks, some gates to the site have been closed because of waterlogging," he said.

"There are rivers of water running through the farm down the hill. At points, the water is knee-deep."

But he added: "It's not too cold, people are getting wet but not much worse than that, as far as I can see."

Radio 1 Newsbeat reporter Kevin Geoghegan said he had seen tents floating away.

Heavy rain continued until 1100 with intermittent showers and thunderstorms, mixed with sunshine, after.

_41229561_1swimmer203.jpg

I watched it last night,talkabout flooded.
Doves were really good and Killers were OK although I'm not really a fan and Babyshambles were OK as well.New Order today I believe.

I watched a bit. Some bird playing the drums in a red top with long dark hair and great norks whilst some geezer was trying to play the guitar badly.... :roll:
music ain't what it used to be... ;-)

highland fox said:
White Stripes I think Mk..
ta hf..
miserable looking bint... decent baps mind...

What about Ian Brown on sunday with his old mate Mani, they did a good few Stone Roses songs. the reunion could be on????

Fackin hope so. Did you see any of Primal Scream..well it had Bobby Gillespie acting a twat. I think old Mani must of thought fack hanging around with this prick! Im joinin 'our kid Ian' on the Other Stage.

Just got some pictures that I took there developed....came out ok in the end...

tn_slovenija-14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570