Gloucs CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

The lack of chat on here illustrates that we've all given up on County showing any progress in CC matches!

Yet again we're pathetic, Gloucs really battled from 70odd for 5 to 390+, showed County how it's done. Yet here we are again 67-5. Another single figure score for Josh!

Can't think of any more words to describe how bad the batting has been.

Its been a terrible first class season.I don't think cobb despite his t 20 heroics has the mental application for 4 day cricket.we need to stick with the youngsters in the hope that the experience will only toughen them up for the future and do what we can to find an experienced quality middle order player to lead them.

Its been a terrible first class season.I don't think cobb despite his t 20 heroics has the mental application for 4 day cricket.we need to stick with the youngsters in the hope that the experience will only toughen them up for the future and do what we can to find an experienced quality middle order player to lead them.

Have to agree with this.

It is pretty clear that we won't be able to attract/afford any talent through the door to bolster us so I guess it will be a case of persevering with the youngsters and a enduring a couple of torrid seasons in the hope they develop and improve over time.

Didn't last long this morning and following on, unlikely to make them bat again if you ask me. Another 40odd for Boyce and Smith, and another single figure for Josh.

I think that's what County are planning, they are looking for an experienced middle order batsman to replace McDonald. We need one at 3, as we are too vulnerable at the moment to lose two early wickets.

As for Josh Cobb I've said it before but I still feel he clearly has talent (he can hit the ball sweetly and scored a big ton when 17) and might just 'click' one day in the first-class game. But we need the right coaching to be able to sort out the mentality throughout the team that they need more 50s, more 80s, more tons and more partnerships.

The one big change from last season, where we were a decent 4 day side, has been, as far as I can see, the coaching. Boon was obviously a tough act to follow, but if it hadn't been for the 20/20 season I can't see that we could possibly persevere with Whitticase given the 4 day season we've had - getting 2 scores of under 50 in a row was beyond anything I remember even from De Freitas' captaincy era. Maybe it's off the field we need to be looking for changes?

Well I was wrong, we put in a decent batting performance in the 2nd innings. Taylor again (hasn't quite hit the centuries this year in the CC though) and Eckersley with a maiden 50.

Good thing the awards dinner has been cancelled, there is nothing to give out! Only so many times you can spout out the same excuses about youth etc.

Chalky with some kind of Botham effort would be nice from here :102:

8 down now with a lead of 50, and Jefferson not going to bat probably.

Looks like a 3rd successive 10 wicket defeat, all with exactly the same pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669