Goal of the week -Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Whittingham's was better, can I vote for him?

Certainly spawny, didn't have the intent of Gally's, more of a hit and hope.

Last edited:
Gally's was a ****ing Howitzer (or looked like it had been fired out of a Howitzer for the pendants), unbelievable technique. Wittingham's was a splendid strike but no one could have stopped that rocket from PG.

Last edited:
Gally still trailing by '6%' (no idea how many votes that is) so we need more votes for Gally.

By the way anyone got a link to the Whitingham goal, just in case I voted for the wrong one? :icon_wink

Peter Whittingham (Cardiff) - 51.3%
Paul Gallagher (Leicester) - 45.5%

We need a concerted effort now to turn this one around. Come on people, get voting!

We need a concerted effort now to turn this one around. Come on people, get voting!

We ought to enlist the support of certain clubs in the North West. They all love him up there.

I voted for Gally, I genuinely wish I'd been there to see it - couldn't make it back for the weekend.

Hopefully he'll bang a couple more in when we play Palace away - I'll definitely be there for that!

Any link to Whittingham's goal. Can't seem to find it anywhere and not on BBC yet.

Whittingham's seems a bit flukey to me, goalkeeper was poorly positioned also. I think Gally's first was the best, a great pick your spot finish which the keeper had no chance with. The second one was a great strike, but as everyone says it's one of those efforts that could go anywhere so there's always an element of fortune to those sort of 'hit and hope' efforts.

The second one was a great strike, but as everyone says it's one of those efforts that could go anywhere so there's always an element of fortune to those sort of 'hit and hope' efforts.

No, "everyone" doesn't say that! I still maintain it was a controlled and measured strike by Gally.

Well, some people are clearly voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570