Good barber-shops in Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
something for the weekend sir?

That's where Tony's shop was, so I'm guessing Ernie was his and Digger's Dad.

Looking at the sat image on Google maps, there appears to be a Transit van parked right where the Space Invaders machine used to be, so I'm further guessing that the shop isn't there any more.
Funny how people from that area flee the country, isn't it? :icon_wink

My mum and dad bought this place in 1987 when I was 14, and I started working there on Saturdays right away. I ended up full time and started up and ran the little convenience store that's there now. I was there right up until I left for the States in November 2002.

And finally, after three years of trying, my mum and dad sold the bloody place on December 1st. They're still there for a few weeks to fulfill the terms of the deal but after that they're officially retired. :038:

And to bring it shabbily round to the subject, I used to go to the hairdressers on Woodgate, on the left after you cross Frog Island. No idea if it's still there now, but it was a few years ago. But for the last 15 years I've been taking Harby's advice and just shaving it off myself every couple of months. I've saved thousands in haircuts and hair products, and just like before, I still have shit hair now so there's no difference. :icon_bigg

I used to go to the hairdressers on Woodgate, on the left after you cross Frog Island. No idea if it's still there now, but it was a few years ago.

Was it called Ron's? Near the chipper?

Last edited:
And to bring it shabbily round to the subject, I used to go to the hairdressers on Woodgate, on the left after you cross Frog Island. No idea if it's still there now

Trio used to be on Woodgate, a long time ago, near the library. I had my first "Bowie cut" there back in the 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00