Good Bye Rodders

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said Beckham had turned down a move to Newcastle 'cos he had heard about all the damage the Toon Army had done in Asia

Sky Give Marsh The Boot
1/26/2005 12:14:00 PM
Sky Sports have announced that they’ve sacked football pundit Rodney Marsh for "offensive and inexcusable" remarks about the Asian Tsunami disaster.
The former QPR and Manchester City striker came out with a tasteless joke on You’re On Sky Sports on Monday night.

Marsh’s joked that David Beckham had turned down a move to Newcastle because he could not possibly go there after what the Toon Army did to Thailand.

A Sky Sports spokesman said: "During the live phone-in Rodney made comments that were offensive and inexcusable. These remarks should never have been made and Sky would like to offer its apologies to those who were offended."

Marsh added last night: "I apologise unreservedly for any offence I caused by my thoughtless and inappropriate comment I made. My intention was to make a light-hearted football joke."

MKFox said:
Sky Give Marsh The Boot
1/26/2005 12:14:00 PM
Sky Sports have announced that they’ve sacked football pundit Rodney Marsh for "offensive and inexcusable" remarks about the Asian Tsunami disaster.
The former QPR and Manchester City striker came out with a tasteless joke on You’re On Sky Sports on Monday night.

Marsh’s joked that David Beckham had turned down a move to Newcastle because he could not possibly go there after what the Toon Army did to Thailand.

A Sky Sports spokesman said: "During the live phone-in Rodney made comments that were offensive and inexcusable. These remarks should never have been made and Sky would like to offer its apologies to those who were offended."

Marsh added last night: "I apologise unreservedly for any offence I caused by my thoughtless and inappropriate comment I made. My intention was to make a light-hearted football joke."

I have to sympathise with Rodney, I picked up a temporary ban from this very froum when a light hearted comment went wrong. :roll:

You deserved it, tho' :wink:

Another empty victory for the PC Police

He should actually have been sacked long ago for being a complete and utter wanker

homer said:
You deserved it, tho' :wink:

Another empty victory for the PC Police

He should actually have been sacked long ago for being a complete and utter wanker

I agree with you I did deserve it but the point is you cant always think before you speak, if you did you would be a boring individual and not worthy of being on TV - ala Eamon Holmes.

I cant believe they have got away with sacking him tbh. if you analyse what he said, he has said nothing wrong, there may have been an inference but he didnt say anything wrong. Political correctness gone mad....

homer said:
nicely put, ever considered a career with the diplomatic corps?
he was bloody annoying, you could always hear him shouting in the background when stelling's telling us about the latest on a saturday afternoon

Good!

In the words of Joe_Fox, Rodders is a Penis smoking, cock smuggling, wafer breaking, poo faced, poohtashed, tosspiece-wank shaft!

'Av some of that with your pathetic jokes rodders.

glad he got sacked, but in fairness it was more of a dig at beckham than anything!

Hopefully he will take some of those other Wankers who ponce round that desk thing on a Saturday afternoon with him i.e McClintock,Thompson,Gregory

dave said:
I dont like the bloke but this PC gone mad!!!

I didn't know you were a copper dave. Why have you gone mad?

to be fair the joke isn't really on the victims of the tsunami but on david beckham. However for it being something that is still in recent memory he should of known better and deserves what he got

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566