Good Deed For The Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to give them money full stop. There is no need for them to be homeless.

A surprisingly judgemental attitude.
I can think of several situations where somebody could find themselves homeless & desperate.

Last edited:
I refuse to give them money full stop. There is no need for them to be homeless.
Neither do I, but I will buy the Big Issue as it is a sign they are at least prepared to try. I will also give them a coffee or food if I can be bothered, but I won't give them money.

I'm sure lots of homeless people think that they have nothing to live for, other than their dog. But they fight, they keep going, they don't give up or roll over like other selfish ****s that appear to have a lot more in their lives to live for.

But as you say, I'm also certain that lots of them could go to somewhere where others might call home, but for them it's unacceptable, and for reasons unknown to us.

It's very easy to judge when you have a warm bed to go to at night and a loving family to welcome you.

Walk at least a mile in somebody's shoes before judging them.

I always give them money, if I think they are genuine

They are in a much worse place than me, and I can easily afford to spare a couple of quid every now and then - I don't really care what the reasons are for them being in such a desperate state

Fact is they are up shit creek - so easy to walk by on the other side, judge them without knowing them or what led them to their predicament, and then boast about how you wouldn't help them, it's their own fault etc., etc.

Such a nice country we live in

It's very easy to judge when you have a warm bed to go to at night and a loving family to welcome you.

Walk at least a mile in somebody's shoes before judging them.

I suppose I have a different view from my limited experience. An aquaintance of the family shall we say has "made" himself homeless 6 times now because he was an alcoholic and would rather drink than work to pay his rent.

Every time the council have reached out to him and offered him a house on cheaper and cheaper rent, and he has had plenty of offers of work when sober, he used to be a successful builder.

I guess whenever I see people on the street I tar them all with his brush, unfairly maybe.

edit: He has also had numerous family members open their doors to him several times only to sit around drunk all day in his own filth in their house.

Last edited:

How can you tell if they're genuine?
My wife, out in town shopping with her sister, seen a "down and out" on the street. About to put some money in his begging bowl when her sis said "Don't I know him, he lives in the same block of flats as me, have heard him boasting how much he gets from begging."

We live in a wonderful country, just some people don't appreciate what they have and are always willing to blame everyone else apart from the "man in the mirror"

We live in a wonderful country, just some people don't appreciate what they have and are always willing to blame everyone else apart from the "man in the mirror"

We do indeed have a wonderful country, its only when you factor some of its ppopulation in does it become less attractive.

What about those that, through no fault of their own, have absolutely **** all to appreciate and don't own a mirror to look in to blame themselves?

What about those that, through no fault of their own, have absolutely **** all to appreciate and don't own a mirror to look in to blame themselves?

Sometimes, life indeed can deal one a cruel blow. :icon_roll

They are in a much worse place than me, and I can easily afford to spare a couple of quid every now and then - I don't really care what the reasons are for them being in such a desperate state

Fact is they are up shit creek - so easy to walk by on the other side, judge them without knowing them or what led them to their predicament, and then boast about how you wouldn't help them, it's their own fault etc., etc.

I don't remember boasting about it? It's not something I'm at all proud of, but neither is it something I feel bad for.

:038: Top Post Homer

My good deed for the day on Sunday was taking home a poor pensioner from Asda, who was struggling with her shopping... the only problem was when she got in the car I realised she was as pissed as a fart and started crying !!! Good job she lived relatively near to the shop

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47