Good news possibly - Fulop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

In the Mockery he says he might stay. :icon_bigg

I may be here for keeps - Fulop

Leicester City goalkeeper Marton Fulop has not ruled out making his loan move to the Walkers Stadium permanent.

The giant stopper has made the position his own since moving to City on a season-long loan from Premier League outfit Sunderland in August.

He was at the top of his game again at Burnley on Tuesday night, making a string of saves to help City take a vital Championship point from Turf Moor.

Owen Coyle, the Burnley manager, described Fulop's performance as “inspired” as the keeper's saves denied Robbie Blake and Andy Gray either side of half-time.

It is the type of form that has prompted many fans to urge City to seek his permanent signature with the January transfer window coming up.

Fulop admits he is enjoying his time with City, and would not rule out a lasting move.

“It's up to Leicester and Sunderland and whether they can agree a price,” said the 6ft 6in goalkeeper. “After that, we can talk about it because, like I have said, I am really enjoying my time here.”

The Hungary international goalkeeper has helped City form the meanest defence in the Championship, conceding just 15 goals in 19 games this season.

But at 24, a relatively young age for a goalkeeper, Fulop believes he can only get better. “I was happy with my performance against Burnley,” he said. “But there are still lots of things that I am looking to learn.

“I can never say I had the perfect game. Every game there are things I can look at and think about and learn from.

“It's great to be playing for Leicester and I am really enjoying it. It's a great learning curve for me.”

He has been an ever-present since arriving in time for the trip to Crystal Palace back in August.

And his performances have made him a huge favourite with supporters, with the chant “Fulop's unbeatable” following him around the country.

Fulop said: “I love the fans at Leicester City. They have made me feel really welcome here. I can't thank them enough for the faith that they have in me.”

Promotion-chasing West Bromwich Albion will be cheered on by around 3,000 supporters at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday.

The Baggies sold their initial allocation of 2,300 tickets and have been given a further 900 seats.

Great news if it happens. He's class IMO. Hopefully Sunderland won't want too much?

He may well get a better offer from another club

Last edited:
Fingers crossed they will have already agreed a fee, and have first refusal in his loan contract.....but the way we go about things i fear it will not be the case.

Fingers crossed they will have already agreed a fee, and have first refusal in his loan contract.....but the way we go about things i fear it will not be the case.

I recall £700,000 being mentioned when he first came.

If Sunderland go down I doubt very much they will hold on to Gordon and I would imagine Fulop would be wanted back there

If Sunderland go down I doubt very much they will hold on to Gordon and I would imagine Fulop would be wanted back there

I think the same, which for me it should be our number 1 target to get it sealed in january.

Plus at only 24, he has bags of time on his hands! Definately have to get him in, would be a crime not to! Easily the best keeper we have had for many a year!

"City stars Patrick Kisnorbo, Gareth McAuley, Alan Sheehan and Iain Hume are on the short-list to be included in the Football League's top 50 players"

Apart from Patrick Kisnorbo and maybe McAuley this has to be a joke, right? Ian Hume in this list, I don't think so.

Last edited:
"City stars Patrick Kisnorbo, Gareth McAuley, Alan Sheehan and Iain Hume are on the short-list to be included in the Football League's top 50 players"

Apart from Patrick Kisnorbo and maybe McAuley this has to be a joke, right? Ian Hume in this list, I don't think so.

It's not a short-list....just suggestions from the magazine. You can vote anyone in the FL.

In the supplement with it was Theo Janssen and Derek Riordan has two January bargains - both connected to the club in the SUmmer.

Hence this in the Mock
T''he four City men have been included on a “suggested players” list by magazine FourFourTwo - although supporters can nominate others.''

Last edited:
From Stevens post:
Fulop said: “I love the fans at Leicester City. They have made me feel really welcome here. I can't thank them enough for the faith that they have in me.”

See Ollie, we're not all *****. (the C word!)

Last edited:
From Stevens post:

See Ollie, we're not all *****. (the C word!)

I believe that "BOOOOOOOOO" is Hungarian for "You are a hero. You may have the use of my wife and daughters"

I believe that "BOOOOOOOOO" is Hungarian for "You are a hero. You may have the use of my wife and daughters"

No, that's: "Gyonyuru vagy. Tessek, a felessegemet es a kislanyomat adom"

Sorry, all the accents are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572