Google Apps and YouTube for organisations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

I have no idea if anyone here will have any experience with this but here goes.

Our school is set up to use Google Apps for Education and each teacher has an account administered through this. They are all sorted into organisations within this as follows:

School Organisation
---Teachers
---Support Staff
---Children

Each teacher also has a tablet that is logged in using their own account.

What I would like to happen is for them to be able to upload videos taken on the tablet to YouTube and have them available on a central organisation page. This way, parents can just subscribe to one account rather than different ones for each teacher.

Any idea if this is possible?

I used Google apps for education in my previous organisation (a University rather than a school) here are some ideas...

1. Use google sites to create a web page and embed the relevant videos in there, access can be controlled to be open to the public or restricted to certain groups if necessary
2. Use Google+ (although use of this may be outside of your agreement and used on an opt in basis) to create and link to videos. Use Circles functionality to control access to certain videos if required
3. Upload videos to google drive and share with groups/individuals

Options 2 and 3 require a Google account, which parents may not have so option 1 might work?

I used Google apps for education in my previous organisation (a University rather than a school) here are some ideas...

1. Use google sites to create a web page and embed the relevant videos in there, access can be controlled to be open to the public or restricted to certain groups if necessary
2. Use Google+ (although use of this may be outside of your agreement and used on an opt in basis) to create and link to videos. Use Circles functionality to control access to certain videos if required
3. Upload videos to google drive and share with groups/individuals

Options 2 and 3 require a Google account, which parents may not have so option 1 might work?

Thanks, that's pretty much as I suspected. I would prefer to do it via YouTube but I'll have a play thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566