Gradel Returns to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite Fox

His mother is seriously ill unfortunately, so he is likely to miss the Cherries next game on Saturday.

Sounds like he has been playing very well for them and they will miss him. Can't be too long before he makes the breakthrough here.

Let's hope his mother recovers, he is only a young lad.

Looks like sadly his mother has died: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bournemouth/7034192.stm

Gradel given compassionate leave

Bournemouth's on-loan Leicester City winger Max Gradel has returned to France on compassionate leave, following the death of his mother.
The 19-year-old had scored twice in Saturday's 4-1 win at Crewe.

"Football pales into insignificance when a tragedy like this occurs. Our thoughts and feelings go out to him," Cherries manager Kevin Bond said.

"We will give him all the time he needs before he's ready to put on a pair of boots again," he told the club website.

Poor lad :(

Last edited:
His mother is seriously ill unfortunately, so he is likely to miss the Cherries next game on Saturday.

Sounds like he has been playing very well for them and they will miss him. Can't be too long before he makes the breakthrough here.

Let's hope his mother recovers, he is only a young lad.

Unfortunately his mother passed away.

A sad time for Max and the rest of Gradel family, my thoughts are with you.

Poor Max - sympathies go out to him and his family. Kevin Bond sounds like a decent human being from that quote.

Sorry to hear this Max. May your mother rest in peace.

Best wishes to Max and his family. He's starting to do well on the pitch down there so hopefully he'll come back from this equally strong.

Seems Bournemouth have brough in somebody else on loan for a month while Max returns to France.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/topsport/display.var.1764532.0.gradel_away_for_some_weeks.php

CHERRIES boss Kevin Bond is resigned to being without the services of loan star Max Gradel for "some weeks".

The 19-year-old is currently on compassionate leave in France following the death of his mother 10 days ago.

Gradel returned to the family home in Paris after his mother had lost her fight for life following a road traffic accident.

And although Cherries were hoping the on-loan Leicester winger would be back this week, his return is now likely to be delayed.

Bond told the Daily Echo last night: "I had a conversation with Max today and it's a difficult one for him.

"It was a one-parent-family situation in France and Max has got younger brothers and sisters to look after.

advertisement
"Max is the senior male in the family and his mother's death has put a lot of extra responsibility on his shoulders.

"What eventually happens is anybody's guess and it could be put in the hands of the French social services so I think it will be some weeks before we see him again."

I've got a mate who is a bournemouth season ticket holder and he hasn't been that impressed with Gradel.....said he spends most of his time on his arse and ends up in no mans land most of the time. Different from other reports i've heard

I've got a mate who is a bournemouth season ticket holder and he hasn't been that impressed with Gradel.....said he spends most of his time on his arse and ends up in no mans land most of the time. Different from other reports i've heard

I think it could be to do with what type of football certain fans want to see.

Gradel certainly doesn't 'hold back' on the pitch, from when I've seen him play in the academy he always tried to take on the wing back and get a ball over. But yes, he doesn't really like getting tackled and when he does he often ends up on the deck.

From reading Bournemouth forums, the majority seem to be impressed with him so far, as did the Orient fans (?) that gave him a standing ovation the other week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669