Gran Torino

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotherhamfox

Went to watch it last night.

It was ok but at its emotionally charged climax where people were shedding genuine tears, Clint starts to sing, i never thought anyone could murder a Jamie Cullum song but Dirty Harry managed it.

I saw me mate beside me start to quiver and then he exploded (With laughter, before you say owt you dirty gets) which started me off.

Then in a curb your enthusiasm-esque moment a spotlight landed on us which led a packed multiplex screen with real tears to turn round and see two gufawwing idiots uncontrollably crying and laughing. The inappropriateness of our actions heightened the funniness and we ended up having to creep out.

Flags of our fathers should have ended this way.

Went to watch it last night.

It was ok but at its emotionally charged climax where people were shedding genuine tears, Clint starts to sing, i never thought anyone could murder a Jamie Cullum song but Dirty Harry managed it.

Jamie Cullum does when he sits at a piano, the climax is cringe-worthy but it's a cracking film.

Jamie Cullum does when he sits at a piano, the climax is cringe-worthy but it's a cracking film.

I think i would have passed out if it had been an Eastwood, Brosnan duet.

Thought it was a cracking film, except the young chinese bird coulod not act to save her life.

Eastwood was absolutely superb.

This thread needs to be moved.

Thought it was a cracking film, except the young chinese bird coulod not act to save her life.

Eastwood was absolutely superb.

The 'slope' grandma was the best.

Where?
Why?

To the thread purposely set up for film chat and reviews?

Because I believe that is why the thread was made in the first place?

Last edited:
Just because there's a ridiculously long thread people have chosen to keep using for film reviews doesn't mean it's the only place people can put reviews, I'd rather each film had its own thread.

And then we would have 10 threads regarding the same film, I think the review thread works better.

But it's best left to the people who rarely post in here I suppose.

Last edited:
We don't have 10 pre-match threads for each match, we don't have ten threads when we sign a new player, why do you think it would be different for films? Are filmgoers less intelligent than football fans?

Depends you'd have to question a filmgoer who goes to watch a hotel for dogs.

We don't have 10 pre-match threads for each match, we don't have ten threads when we sign a new player, why do you think it would be different for films? Are filmgoers less intelligent than football fans?

That comparison makes no sense at all, are you saying that everyone watches the same film at the same time? because im fairly sure Leicester play all they're games on the same day so multiple match threads should not occur, I don't think anyone would make a match thread 2 weeks after the game.

I could watch Gran Torino Today and someone else could watch it in 2 weeks and make a new thread, if it's in a specified review thread it's not really a problem when there are multiple posts.

I don't believe football fans and filmgoers are totally exclusive so I can't really give you an answer on the last question.

I could watch Gran Torino Today and someone else could watch it in 2 weeks and make a new thread, if it's in a specified review thread it's not really a problem when there are multiple posts.

I would hope people are intelligent enough to look to see if anyone has already posted about the film.

When we have a separate forum for stuff like films it seems senseless to put all the film reviews in one thread, it would be like putting all the match threads in one thread in the LCFC forum.
If each film has a separate thread it might lead to more discussion about the film, something that's difficult to do in a thread that's full of other stuff.

Gran Torino is to be the last acting role for Clint Eastwood.
It's supposedly his biggest grossing film (all according to IMDB).

Twas Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570